The University of California, Santa Barbara, has announced that a “Gaucho Certified Farmers Market” will be held every Wednesday from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., starting on October 23rd, and will be located in parking lot 23, adjacent to the SRB and Faculty Club. Some of the farmers include Ellwood Canyon Farms, Pepper Creek Family Farms, Underwood Family Farms, Tamai Family Farm, Rodriguez Brothers, Tutti Fruitti Farms and flowers from Westland Floral. Local artisans will be sharing honey, jams, fresh bread, and popcorn. A grand opening will be held the following Wednesday, October 30th from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., featuring a local band, an alumnus, Katie Falbo, talking about Fermentation and other surprises in store. Every week the Gaucho gathering will feature a campus or local workshop on related sustainable ideas for the campus and local community. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit facebook.com/gauchocertifiedfarmersmarket.
- BB on POLL: WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE CLOSED RESTAURANT?
- Reyna Angel on BARBAREÑO TO OPEN DOWNTOWN
- Nina Meyer on BARBAREÑO TO OPEN DOWNTOWN
- Bob on BARBAREÑO TO OPEN DOWNTOWN
- Judith on POLL: WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE CLOSED RESTAURANT?
- Jonathan on BARBAREÑO TO OPEN DOWNTOWN
- Amanda on BARBAREÑO TO OPEN DOWNTOWN
- Sean on BARBAREÑO TO OPEN DOWNTOWN
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- Stella Mare's - Enjoy cocktails, wine and casual French Country cuisine in a unique and charming location overlooking the Bird Refuge.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.