- Tony from Goleta on PIEOLOGY OPENS SATURDAY
- Jim on SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET OPENS AUG 24TH
- John on PIEOLOGY OPENS SATURDAY
- John on PIEOLOGY OPENS SATURDAY
- Mikey on SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET OPENS
- John Dickson on SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET OPENS AUG 24TH
- Susan Felicetta on SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET OPENS
- Chaz on SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET OPENS AUG 24TH
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: October 2013
Reader Mike says he went to Javan’s at 938 Embarcadero Del Norte in Isla Vista for lunch and discovered they were gone. He says there’s a “thank you for 25 years of support” sign on the door.
Northern Indian restaurant Tamira has opened at 1027 State Street in the former home of Spice Avenue. General Manager Remmie Menezes tells me that the staff and menu are unchanged from Spice Avenue but prices have been reduced significantly. “The … Continue reading
Here is a list of restaurants that have opened in the last year: October 2013: Tamira, 1027 State St.; Daily Grind, 2912 De la Vina St. September 2013: Smoke N Barrel BBQ Shack, 6920 Marketplace Dr., Goleta; Sushi Tyme, 819C … Continue reading
This just in from the up-and-coming Blue Tavern at 119 State Street, the former home of Anchor Woodfire Kitchen: Next month, Chef Ricardo Zarate and business partner Stephane Bombet of Chef Zarate Restaurant Group will open Blue Tavern, a restaurant … Continue reading
Chuck’s Waterfront Grill took home top honors at the 4rd Annual Santa Barbara Chowder Fest held at the Montecito Country Club. Competing against 17 other restaurants in a blind tasting, Chuck’s received a unanimous vote of confidence from the three … Continue reading
Santa Barbara-based Outer Aisle Gourmet has introduced a new product line of Veggie Pizza Crust, Veggie Pasta, Veggie Rice and Veggie Bread. I am told that the products are made with fresh vegetables and are naturally gluten-free and low in … Continue reading
Here are 95 pictures from last weekend’s 4th annual Santa Barbara Chowder Festival.
This just in from owner Richard: John, FYI: We will be changing out the sign at the Mesa Taco Bell (1840 Cliff Drive) today. We are replacing the old lettering and bell with the new style. It will take a … Continue reading
Reader Sharon let me know that Nicky D’s Pizza at 2840 De La Vina Street has reopened after having closed for oven repairs. Sharon says Nicky D himself will be taking the helm having sold his other restaurant in Silver Lake.
With 600+ restaurants in 35 states, Firehouse Subs is adding a new location at 6530 Seville Road in Isla Vista. For more information visit firehousesubs.com. Thanks to reader Joe for the tip.
After breaking the news on July 30, 2012 that Daily Grind was going to open a second South Coast location, the Restaurant Guy is happy to report that the popular espresso, juice and deli brand has opened at 2912 De … Continue reading
This just in from Sides Hardware and Shoes, 2375 Alamo Pintado Avenue, Los OIivos: Hello, If you haven’t heard the news yet; I wanted to inform you about our closure of breakfast. We will continue to serve lunch and dinner … Continue reading
The 3rd Annual BOOCARA Halloween Celebration is being held Thursday, October 31, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Bacara Resort. The festivities include: 4 – 5 p.m. Trick o’ treating throughout the resort’s festive lobby, decorated by Bacara’s Creative … Continue reading
Now in its 4th year, Chowder Fest presented by Food & Home Magazine has quickly become a mainstay on Santa Barbara’s festival circuit. Held at the Montecito Country Club on October 27 from noon to 3:00 p.m., Santa Barbara Chowder … Continue reading
1201 State Street was the home of State and A Bar and Grill for 29 years. It appears that the follow-up act, Maggie’s restaurant, which opened in August 2012, survived just 14 months. After receiving a tip I called Maggie’s … Continue reading
If you can help reader Steve please leave a message in the blog. Quick question. Do you know anyone who has a mobile espresso cart that doesn’t cost a fortune? Thanks much for your help, and love your restaurant info. … Continue reading
Reader Bob let me know that Takenoya at 5934 Calle Real in Goleta has closed. Bob says a hand written note is taped to the front door indicating that they are sorry to be closing and that it appears to … Continue reading
This just in from the recently-closed Greek House Cafe at 5 W. Haley Street: John, I wish to thank you and SantaBarbara.com and all my customers for a great 7 years at the Greek House Cafe. After many years in … Continue reading
This just in from Jill’s Place, 632 Santa Barbara Street: Hi John! Thanks for letting your readers know about the fire at Jill’s Place on May 10, 2013. I know the owner, Jill Shalhoob, and am excited to share good … Continue reading
The University of California, Santa Barbara, has announced that a “Gaucho Certified Farmers Market” will be held every Wednesday from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., starting on October 23rd, and will be located in parking lot 23, adjacent to the … Continue reading
Word around campus is that a new eatery named “Yoshinoya” has replaced Rice Garden at the Courtyard Café at UCSB near parking lot 10. A sign posted on the wall says opening day was Monday, October 14th.
Fresh beverage purveyor Juice Ranch, which opened in Santa Barbara at 33 Parker Way last March, is bringing a new location to the LOOP in Isla Vista, inside of Crushcakes Café. They are going to be building a small scale … Continue reading
Reader John tells me that there has been lots of real estate action near the 500 block of State Street recently. Word is that Blue Agave, Verde and a third restaurant have all been sold.
Santa Barbara experienced an unusually large number of restaurant closures last month. We lost 8 eateries including Pacific Coast Cafe, 6440 Via Real, Carpinteria; Anchor Woodfire Kitchen, 119 State St.; Spice Avenue, 1027 State St.; Sakura Express, 819C State St.; … Continue reading
Reader Peter tells me that Eureka Burger at 601 Paseo Nuevo now offers wine by the glass at half price all day on Tuesdays.
Lyz Hoffman with the Santa Barbara Independent is reporting that McDonald’s in Camino Real Marketplace will be getting a drive-through, after the Goleta Planning Commission approved the addition. I live right near that McDonald’s and know that the roadway in front … Continue reading
Readers tell me that The Daily Grind opened a second location today at 2912 De La Vina Street (formerly Taco Bell). Reader Anonymous: Stopped by the new Daily Grind this morning and it looks awesome! They opened today and the … Continue reading
Arch Rock Fish restaurant at 608 Anacapa Street is having a Halloween party for kids of all ages on Sunday, October 27th from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. Parents can enjoy a ghoulish happy hour while your kids play games, carve … Continue reading
This just in from owner/chef James Sly of Sly’s Seafood, Steaks & Cocktails at 686 Linden Avenue in Carpinteria: John, I thought that your readers might be interested to know that Sly’s is doing a special dinner in the East … Continue reading
Here are pictures from the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History’s 5th annual Sensational Seafood event at the Ty Warner Sea Center on Stearns Wharf.