- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- Stella Mare's - Enjoy cocktails, wine and casual French Country cuisine in a unique and charming location overlooking the Bird Refuge.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: September 2013
Throughout September, as kids head back to school, Wine Cask restaurant at 813 Anacapa Street is helping raise funds to support local school girls involved in Girls Incorporated of Greater Santa Barbara. Through their Charity Lunch Promotion, Wine Cask will … Continue reading
Reader Glenn let me know that a 7-Eleven store has opened at 6545 Trigo Road (next to Crushcakes) in Isla Vista and that three new restaurants are planning to join the community. First, “Blaze Pizza” is coming to where the … Continue reading
Here are pictures taken at the 32nd annual Taste of the Town on Sunday, September 8, 2013. My new Nikon 3100 and Tamron AF 18-270mm lens seems to have improved the quality of the pictures. I am still figuring out how … Continue reading
If you can help reader Karen please leave a message in the blog. Any chance you can do a quick mention of which restaurants in town have air conditioning? I have guests to entertain this weekend and can’t think of … Continue reading
Reader PrimeTime tells me that Area 5.1 wine tasting room opened yesterday in the Funk Zone at 137 Anacapa Street.
Here is a list of local restaurants that have closed in the last year: September 2013: Anchor Woodfire Kitchen, 119 State St.; Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream, 305 Paseo Nuevo; Spice Avenue, 1027 State St. August 2013: Elephant Bar & … Continue reading
After 8 months in business is appears that Anchor Woodfire Kitchen at 119 State Street closed their doors today. This just in from reader Beth: Hi John, Do you know what is going on with Anchor Woodfire Kitchen? Went there … Continue reading
The 32nd annual Taste of the Town fundraiser is being held this Sunday, September 8th noon to 3 p.m. at the Riviera Park Garden, 2030 Alameda Padre Serra. The Taste of the Town is Santa Barbara’s original tasting event, featuring … Continue reading
Taste Wine Bar & Retail Shop recently opened at 26 E. Ortega Street next to Seagrass Restaurant. They specialize in wines from all over the world, have some micro-brew beers and a selection of retail wines. Their by-the-glass prices range … Continue reading
Students will be cooking in the kitchen at San Marcos starting in January 2014. This Friday, Sept. 6th San Marcos is celebrating the reopening of the staff cafeteria and kitchen known as Café Royale with a ribbon cutting ceremony and … Continue reading
The new McConnell’s Fine Ice Creams at 728 State Street is having a grand opening party tonight (Wednesday 9/4/13) starting at 7 p.m.
This just in from Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream in the Paseo Nuevo mall: On behalf of our staff, I regret to inform you that Ben & Jerry’s has closed its doors. We have loved our time with our scoop … Continue reading