SMOKE N BARREL BBQ SHACK TO OPEN

The BBQ place replacing
Pastavino in Camino Real Marketplace
opens this weekend 9/15. This just in from owner Clay Holdren:

“Hey John, I just wanted to let you know that our
new concept, Smoke ‘N Barrel BBQ
Shack
, is going to open in the next few days. We are
featuring meats cooked in a smoker along with some cool other stuff
including a salad bar. It is looking like Sunday will be our first
day open. Thanks, Clay Holdren Holdren’s Steaks & Seafood
www.holdrens.com”

15 Responses to SMOKE N BARREL BBQ SHACK TO OPEN

1. Ian says:

Loved Pastavino, will miss it, but a new BBQ place in
    Goleta is exciting!

2. naomi serizawa says:

Walked by yesterday…sign said opening today.

3. Charlotte says:

What is the menu? Happy Hour?

4. Fay says:

I got to look at the menu while at Holdren’s last week. Yes, they have brisket and the prices are quite reasonable. I hope the salad bar will have decent offerings

5. Justine says:

i have friends who went yesterday a posted photos on FB of the food–they loved it!

6. s. says:

Went into the new BBQ place looking for some decent bbq
    food in Goleta. And that’s exactly what we got. The service was
    great but the food was very underwhelming. Ribs were very overdone
    (burnt on backside), pulled pork was cold and the chicken was raw.
    Cole slaw and beans very under seasoned and hushpuppies were
    well….just not good. I’m a good cook so can be a bit of a picking
    diner but brought leftovers to kids and they try a few bites and
    said it’s okay. I hope they improve because the concept is pretty
    cool. Oh and each beer was $5.00. One tap and one import (bottled)

7. Lisa says:

My family and I went in there tonight and it’s a really awesome environment. There are like 8 big screen TV’s playing sports all the time, and it was a great place to watch some Monday night football. Service was awesome, very friendly staff and drink servers. The hush puppies and fried pickles were delicious, I also recommend the wings for happy hour. I had a smoke n barrel tea that was really good. Overall a great place, go check it out!

8. Lily says:

I looked at the menu and there is happy hour everyday from 3 to 6:30. sliders, wings, and nachos are $5 each.

9. Cris says:

This place is terrible. Who serves Tri-Tip in a Ramekin?!? A Ramekin! They served me soggy Tri-Tip, in a Ramekin filled 1/3 full with liquid that might have well been Brisket. I give this place 2 months tops.

10. Scott says:

Finally took the family and gave it try. Place was great
    and very busy. For the price it was a great family place to eat. I
    tried the ribs, pulled pork, and onion rings. I was very pleased
    with all of them. My wife had the “Campus Point” (smoked chicken/
    fried jalapeño sandwich) and loved it. We’ll definitely be going
    back soon!!!