The recent wave of heat and humidity has been hard on us all. I was desperate to get a good night’s sleep so I borrowed a broken portable air conditioner that was collecting dust in my parents’ storage building, got it working again, and set it up in the master bathtub at my home in Goleta. I chose the tub as the location so I can leave the drain valve open and not have to empty the moisture collection bucket in the middle of the night. The humidity has been particular hard on the rusty Rumor Machine, causing the rolling pins to completely freeze up. To get it working again I put it on the edge of the tub, right in front of a stream of cool dry air coming from the air conditioner. My new bride was not particularly happy that the master bathroom was starting to look like the Sears parking lot on “electronics recycling day” but she was amazed when the Rumor Machine quickly came to life and popped out a piece of paper that read: “Jersey Mike’s Subs in Camino Real Marketplace are considering opening a new location at the vacant corner on La Cumbre Road in front of the AT&T store, across from Five Points Shopping Center.” As always, this rumor might be completely false or a brilliant forecast of future events. Your call.
- Spank on FREEMAN’S FLYING CHICKEN OPENS
- Johnny Morosin on TINO’S OPENS ON CARRILLO
- Peter Durand on TINO’S OPENS ON CARRILLO
- Lauren on ADAMA TO CLOSE
- Mario Marovic on R+D KITCHEN COMING TO MONTECITO
- Tim on PACE CLOSES
- karen friedman on SILVERGREENS TO LAUNCH “KYLE’S KITCHEN”
- Whirl on THE THANKSGIVING RESTAURANT LIST
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- Stella Mare's - Enjoy cocktails, wine and casual French Country cuisine in a unique and charming location overlooking the Bird Refuge.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.