ISLA VISTA UPDATE

Reader Glenn let me know that a 7-Eleven store has opened at 6545 Trigo Road (next to Crushcakes) in Isla Vista and that three new restaurants are planning to join the community. First, “Blaze Pizza” is coming to where the Pasta House was at 6546 Pardall Road. Second, a salad place might be opening next to Sorriso Italiano, 901 Embarcadero del Mar. Lastly, a Chinese restaurant could be setting up shop next to Giovanni’s, 6583 Pardall Road.

iv

8 Responses to ISLA VISTA UPDATE

Yes, the salad place and chinese will both be in the same building as the current Sorriso building. I was talking to the owner(I think) of the Sorriso place and he was telling me about it. The “salad” place may be opening in a month and the chinese place later, I’m not sure I got the info right(my hearing could be better) so feel free to correct as needed.

2. Amanda says:

Wow- a 7-11 in that building? I thought it was supposed to be super local and eco-friendly, and that the stores on the first floor would keep that theme too. Guess not.

Blaze pizza appears to be an “artisinal” pizza chain.
    Throughout the United States. http://www.blazepizza.com/ Three in
    So Cal now? Apparently an assembly line custom made pizza place
    where its “fast fired” as you wait. Started in Pasadena. 20
    locations planned t/o So Cal.

4. Charlotte says:

“Fast fired” pizza sucks! It’s the same method the drive-ins use, it’s basically a toaster oven with the pizza on a conveyor belt. The pizza never will have that gooey- cheese pull….it’s broiled. I could be wrong, but I was at a commercial food show and there it was…the fast fired pizza oven….a very expensive Toast Master.

5. Anonymous Student says:

The LAST thing we need is another pizza place. Seriously? Chinese and salad will be much appreciated though! I’ve always said how much IV needs a chinese place.

I checked out that 7/11 and was amazing look to it compared to old and tired ones around town. They will even cook a pizza(albiet frozen I’m sure) for you in ovens they have. Maybe these are the new look 7/11s.