- Danny on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- N on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- Lily on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- m on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- Fay on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- Mark on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- SL on HAGGEN MARKETS TO CLOSE
- Mike on HAGGEN MARKETS TO CLOSE
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: September 2013
Here are pictures from the Foley Food & Wine Society Official Launch Party at Bacara Resort.
Seagrass restaurant at 30 East Ortega Street will be offering a daily (Tuesday-Sunday) three-course market menu for $27.00 per person 5:30-6:30 and 8:00pm to close. A market menu is a fixed three-course menu that rotates daily and is a chefs … Continue reading
I’m hearing that the second location of the Daily Grind, coming to the old Taco Bell at 2912 De La Vina Street, is getting close to completion.
Reader Jonathan says that The French Table at 129 E. Anapamu Street is changing ownership. He also mentioned that the staff said that the new owner is planning to keep everything the same.
In early September I wrote that 3 restaurants were coming to Isla Vista. I knew the name of one of them, Blaze Pizza, but the others were somewhat of a mystery. I now know that the Plaza Lofts first floor … Continue reading
This just in from reader PrimeTime: It’s true Brad at Aldo’s has bought Blue Agave and the process to change the ownership and liquor license has begun. An ABC alcohol change of ownership sign is up.
This just in from the Four Seasons Biltmore in Montecito: With eight destinations, three states and more than 1,000 miles (1,600 kilometres) to cover, the first official Four Seasons Food Truck hits the road this fall. Known as the FS … Continue reading
I spoke with Rudy Alvaro, owner of Rudy’s Restaurant at 5764 Calle Real, Goleta and was told that in late October his eatery will become “Paloma Restaurant and Tequila Bar.” Alvaro is also the owner of Paloma. The eatery will … Continue reading
This just in from Brasil Arts Café located at 1230 State Street: Hi John, I wanted you to know about something great that Brasil Arts Café is doing this Friday 9/27 to help some of their staff. This Friday, Brasil … Continue reading
Reader Joshua let me know that Javan’s at 938 Embarcadero Del Norte in Isla Vista (next to Woodstock’s) is closing and looking for a new spot to rent. I called Javan’s and was told they will close at the end … Continue reading
Reader Charles says he saw a sign outside Quizno’s, 1213 State Street, that said the eatery is permanently closed starting 9/22. I tried calling and the phone number is now disconnected. It looks like the Goleta location at 7127 Hollister Avenue … Continue reading
San Marcos High School is the home to a fleet of food trucks every 4th Tuesday of the month. On Tuesday September 24th from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. the food trucks are back on the corner of Hollister and Turnpike. … Continue reading
The new Smoke ‘N Barrel BBQ Shack at 6920 Marketplace Drive, Goleta has a happy hour every day from 3-6:30 p.m. that includes $3 well drinks, $3.50 margaritas, draft beer specials and $5 select appetizers. Also, they are serving buckets … Continue reading
Arlington Tavern at 21 W. Victoria Street is introducing the Early Bird Dinner, offered Monday- Saturday from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Enjoy a seasonal dinner for two – two appetizers, two entrees and a bottle of wine for $70.
This just in from Stella Mare’s bistro, 50 Los Patos Way, Montecito: Hi John, We recently made some seasonal changes to our menus and by popular request, added a great happy Hour, very similar as what is offered at Café … Continue reading
A new BBQ restaurant has opened at 6920 Marketplace Drive, Goleta in the Camino Real Marketplace (formerly Pastavino). Here is a message from owner Clay Holdren with details about his new eatery: “Smoke ‘N Barrel BBQ Shack, a casual concept … Continue reading
If you can help answer reader Heidi’s question please post a message in the blog. Hi Restaurant Guy, Do you have a list, or can you point me in the direction of a list, of commissaries in Santa Barbara? Looking … Continue reading
25 restaurants and 2 wineries are participating in a new event titled Taste of Milpas, set for September 28th, 3-7 p.m. Patrons will get a goody bag and can stroll up Milpas, stopping at each restaurant, where they will be … Continue reading
The 22nd annual California Lemon Festival is being held at Girsh Park off of Storke Road in Goleta on September 28 & 29, 2013. Event hours are Saturday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
On Saturday, September 28th from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. the Sustainable, Organic, Local (SOL) Food Festival will be held in Plaza de Vera Cruz in downtown Santa Barbara, in partnership with the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County.
Southern California wine enthusiasts now have the option of joining the “Foley Food and Wine Society.” The organization’s launch party is on Saturday September 28th from 3 – 6 p.m. at the Bacara Resort. The celebration will feature a select … Continue reading
Reader FB tells me that Sanford Winery is opening a tasting room in La Arcada, 1114 State Street.
This just in from Justin West, chef/owner of Julienne restaurant, 138 E. Canon Perdido Street: Hi John, This is Justin over at Julienne. I was writing to let you (and your readers) know that we are participating in the James … Continue reading
Verde restaurant, which opened this summer at 532 State Street (formerly Zia Cafe), has replaced chef Jim Gartman with chef Roberto. The business has also been listed for sale by Goodwin & Thyne Properties.
Reader Anonymous says that former home of Spice Avenue, which closed at 1027 State Street on September 5th, will become “Tamira,” with a food concept similar to Spice Avenue. Anonymous says that key employees from Spice Avenue will work at Tamira.
Italia Pizza & Pasta at 149 N. Fairview Avenue in Goleta has closed its doors. The restaurant opened in June, 2011 in the former home of European Deli.
Reader Ken says that Brad Sherman, owner of Aldo’s restaurant, 1031 State Street, may have purchased Blue Agave restaurant at 20 E. Cota Street. This rumor has NOT been confirmed. While at Taste of the Town recently I spoke with … Continue reading
The BBQ place replacing Pastavino in Camino Real Marketplace opens this weekend 9/15. This just in from owner Clay Holdren: “Hey John, I just wanted to let you know that our new concept, Smoke ‘N Barrel BBQ Shack, is going … Continue reading
The recent wave of heat and humidity has been hard on us all. I was desperate to get a good night’s sleep so I borrowed a broken portable air conditioner that was collecting dust in my parents’ storage building, got … Continue reading