SPICE AVENUE CLOSING, MENU MOVING TO GOLETA

Indian restaurant Spice Avenue at 1027 State Street in Santa Barbara will be closing shop on September 5th and the menu is moving to G-Town. The owners of India Club restaurant at 5701 Calle Real in Goleta, who also own the downtown eatery, will replace the Goleta eatery menu with Spice Avenue’s. India Club will continue to offer their buffet. Thanks to reader Christina for the tip.

7 Responses to SPICE AVENUE CLOSING, MENU MOVING TO GOLETA

1. Nik Singh Lamber says:

This is very sad news… This place is the absolute best Indian restaurant in Santa Barbara.. I was planning on taking my Girlfriend there on her birthday but they will be closed by then…

2. Mand says:

This has been common knowledge since early summer. I’m surprised it’s just being mentioned, now on this site.

• John Dickson says:

That is surprising. It turns out that the news reached my inbox only a few weeks ago. Feel free to let me know whenever you have restaurant news. The anonymous tip line form at the top of this blog is the best way to reach me.

3. Charlotte says:

Spice will be a fabulous addition to Goleta. I don’t like anything about India Club. Went in there on a Sat. night, the place was empty at 7:00. I guess no one wants to order at the register with the rude guy behind the counter. Pay $14 for bland chicken Tikka, rice and lentils….Naan is gonna cost extra. And if you don’t like lentils, you can pay $14 for an order of Saag Paneer. The place is an uninviting concrete box…oh and you get to eat your meal on a plastic cafeteria tray! Yes! I can’t wait for Spice to come to Goleta and hopefully change everything about India Club.

I’ve enjoyed the buffet since they got it, you get naan bread brought to you ala Spice/Flavor of India, not really sure how much is going to change since its really the same owners right including the décor?

5. Andrew says:

To the Spice Avenue family — Thanks for all the tasty curry on State Street! I’m pleased to read that your food will continue be available in Goleta, as well as at Naan Stop in Isla Vista.

6. tony says:

blood sucker landlords on state street southern california.they want more and more rent thats why no small business can stay more than few years .