THE CRYSTAL BALL

After intense concentration and a wave of my hand over the all-knowing crystal ball, my eatery oracle has revealed a list of locations appearing in your future:

• Anacapa Seafood raw bar, 34 W. Victoria St.
  • Belcampo Meat Co., 34 W. Victoria St.
  • Brothers Restaurant, 3539 Sagunto St., Santa Ynez (formerly Red Barn Steak House)
  • C’est Cheese Café & Marketplace, 831 Santa Barbara St. (formerly Our Daily Bread)
  • Crazy Good Bread, 34 W. Victoria St.
  • Daily Grind, 2912 De La Vina St. (formerly Taco Bell)
  • Enjoy Cupcakes, 34 W. Victoria St.
  • Flagstone Pantry, 34 W. Victoria St.
  • Fresh Market, 222 N. Milpas St. (formerly Scolari’s)
  • Full of Life Flatbread, near 34 W. Victoria St.
  • Green Star Coffee, 34 W. Victoria St.
  • Himalaya Kitchen, 431 State St. (currently All India Café)
  • JuiceWell, 34 W. Victoria St.
  • La Ancla Taqueria, 34 W. Victoria St.
  • Lilly’s Taqueria, 290 Storke Rd., Goleta (formerly La Carreta)
  • Lure Fish House, Upper State St.
  • McDonald’s, 4719 Calle Real, Goleta
  • Mesa Verde, 1919 Cliff Dr. (formerly Cliff’s & Co.)
  • Miso Hungry, 3891 State St. (formerly Jack’s Bistro & Bagels)
  • Pasta Shoppe, 34 W. Victoria St.
  • Rori’s Artisanal Creamery, 34 W. Victoria St.
  • Silvergreens, Goleta
  • Verdé, 532 State St. (formerly Zia Café)
  • Unnamed cheese and charcuterie shop, 34 W. Victoria St.
  • Unnamed eatery, 1198 Coast Village Rd. (formerly Peabody’s)
  • Unnamed BBQ eatery, 6920 Marketplace Dr., Goleta (formerly Pastavino)

11 Responses to THE CRYSTAL BALL

1. Gerald Bostock says:

I left a phone message with my contact info regarding the typos on their online menu. One has been fixed. I have not been contacted. I did not ask for any compensation, I offered to help them out, privately. Is the online menu identical to the printed one?

• Dave says:

Thank You for reaching out to Verde. For some reason I
      cannot come across your phone message. I do appreciate people like
      you and hope that if you do ever come to Verde, you will introduce
      yourself. This business is always an ongoing work in progress. It
      is only with people like you that make it possible for us to iron
      out any on going flaws. Thanks Again

2. Gerald Bostock says:

They got the message! Though “Hatch” and “Oaxaca” and other proper names should be capitalized.

3. BAB says:

Wow, Santa Barbara gets Rori’s, Flagstone, and some Crazy
    Good Bread, and Goleta adding a Mc Donald’s. Cummon I’m sure our
    friends in Goleta want some more real food too!! :)

4. Whirl says:

So maybe the $9 for a taco with sides is a typo?

5. Gerald Bostock says:

snork.
    At least it doesn’t say “manchaca” anymore. Or “caritas.” “Pablano” may be acceptable, but I’ve never seen it before and found only one reference online to the dual spelling.
    This is new on the menu: “chicken breast lay’s atop…”

I know I’m being mean, but I tried, privately. I still object to the name. It reminds me of pronouncing street name with an “l.” You know, Cabrilo, Castilo and Carilo.

6. Gerald Bostock says:

They did it. Oh no, they didn’t! Yes, they did it:

*Chipolte* Chile Chocolate Truffle Torte

aaaarrrrgggghhhh.

and this:
    Haberno Creme Brulee

So, how is the relleno? I would like to hear more about the food, really.

7. Ed says:

I’d have to nominate “Me So Hungry” as the most moronic business name I’ve seen in some time.
    It’s not cute, just stupid and, quite frankly, more than a little racist.

IV news has a restaurant opening soon next to Sorriso Italiano, a salad place? Not too sure about cuisine and next to that on the Giovanni’s side some sort of Chinese restaurant. This is all in the same building as where Sorriso Italiano opened. It also looks like a “Blaze Pizza” is coming to where the Pasta House was and fyi a 7-11 just opened up next to Crushcakes in IV.