BBQ COMING TO CAMINO REAL MARKETPLACE

Pastavino restaurant at 6920 Marketplace Drive in Goleta has closed after 4 years in business and I am told it will be replaced with a new BBQ eatery. “We are bringing in new management and a new chef to open a new BBQ joint,” says owner Clay Holdren. “The chef specializes in smoked meats and BBQ style cooking. We will be opening the joint in 3-4 weeks. We are really excited about this new venture. The chef is Craig Baldi, who is the original chef that we had when we opened Holdren’s downtown. He moved away about 6 years ago and has been perfecting BBQ in northern Cali. We are thrilled to have him back!”

pastavinoPASTA LA VISTA: A new BBQ restaurant will replace Pastavino in Camino Real Marketplace

17 Responses to BBQ COMING TO CAMINO REAL MARKETPLACE

1. Jen C. says:

NOOOOOO!!!!!! We loved Pastavino!!!! They had great pizza and happy hour specials! So sad!

2. Jen F. says:

A BBQ place sounds great! I love Holdren’s, but we food the
    food at Pastavino mediocre at best the few times we tried it, so we
    never went back. Can’t wait for the new restaurant to
    open!

3. Art says:

Pasta vino was posibly one of the worst italian food experiances of my life. Really bad pasta. Just a bad overall restaurant. The service seemed like it came out of a can. Wondered what took so long for it to close

• Anita says:

Could not agree more! I don’t like to be so negative but we tried the restaurant several times hoping it would get better but… The food was underwhelming and lacked imagination and the dining area felt somehow like a cafeteria… Good luck to them in their new venture!

4. Christine says:

If the service was as horrid as the adjoining steak place, no wonder it closed. Hopefully the “new management” for the BBQ side will either include Goleta Holdren’s or retrain that staff.

5. Fay says:

We tolerated bar food there, but when Johnny left to go to Chuck’s, there really wasn’t any reason to visit anymore. Looking forward to something new.

Good few times I went.

7. Josh says:

what a stupid name for a bbq restaurant.

8. Charlotte says:

The food at Pasta Vino was horrible, I couldn’t even get past the bread.

9. Rich says:

Excellent news! Was never that impressed by Pastavino, the
    meal for 2 specials were ok but it was pretty standard fare. I was
    just thinking it was a shame there are only 2 BBQ places in SB that
    I could recall off-hand (Woodys & Killer Bs) so a BBQ place
    in Camino Real will be great!

10. Scott says:

Fingers crossed that we’ll have a place in town to get some good brisket.

11. Scott M says:

I’m really bummed out. Pastavino was a great place to go
    for happy hour after a long week at work or to grab a quick dinner
    before going to the movies. I will miss sitting out on the patio
    enjoying a cold beer while watching the hustle and bustle of the
    marketplace go by. I can’t believe how negative all the reviews
    are. Can’t wait for the negative reviews from the SB foodies about
    the new BBQ place complaining that it’s not organic gluten free
    farm to table enough for them.

12. Nubia Siordia says:

I really wish we could get a Wood Ranch here in town

13. Becca says:

I really liked Pastavino. I hope this bbq place is as good and is in my Axxess book!

14. Lily says:

I went there with a low expectation, and the pizza exceeded my expectation. It wasn’t authentic, but tasted pretty good.