- Mike on THE DRUNKEN CRAB TO OPEN DOWNTOWN
- Ted on RUMOR MACHINE
- Gerald Bostock on THE DRUNKEN CRAB TO OPEN DOWNTOWN
- D Morrison on TAKENOYA CLOSES
- Mike on THE DRUNKEN CRAB TO OPEN DOWNTOWN
- Diana on SANTA YNEZ BURRITO COMING TO ISLA VISTA
- Ted on SANTA YNEZ BURRITO COMING TO ISLA VISTA
- Justine on MAC’S FISH & CHIP SHOP HOLIDAY APPEAL
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: August 2013
Indian restaurant Spice Avenue at 1027 State Street in Santa Barbara will be closing shop on September 5th and the menu is moving to G-Town. The owners of India Club restaurant at 5701 Calle Real in Goleta, who also own … Continue reading
Italia Pizza & Pasta at 149 N. Fairview Ave, Goleta, which opened in June 2011, plans to close their doors on September 14th. I spoke with management and was told that their lease was not renewed because the building owners … Continue reading
Here is a list of restaurants that have opened in the last year: August 2013: Lark, 131 Anacapa St.; McConnell’s Ice Cream, 728 State St.; Lucky Penny, 137 Anacapa St.; Verde, 532 State St. July 2013: Book Ends Cafe, 602 … Continue reading
I spoke with the receptionist at FisHouse restaurant at 101 E. Cabrillo Boulevard and was told that they now offer free valet parking.
A new restaurant named Verdé has opened at 532 State Street, the former home of Zia Café. “We’re taking the south-western cuisine of Santa Barbara up a notch,” says owner Dave Campos. South-western cuisine is a fusion of Spanish, Native … Continue reading
Having finally settled back in Santa Barbara after being gone much of August on a national park tour in Northern California and Southern Oregon, I was shopping at Costco recently and noticed that Christmas decorations are already on sale, even … Continue reading
After intense concentration and a wave of my hand over the all-knowing crystal ball, my eatery oracle has revealed a list of locations appearing in your future: Anacapa Seafood raw bar, 34 W. Victoria St. Belcampo Meat Co., 34 W. … Continue reading
It appears Santa Barbara’s award winning taco shop Lilly’s (310 Chapala Street) is coming to G-Town. This just in from reader Robert: “While getting a flat fixed at Bike Bob’s in Goleta, the bike shop rumor is that a second … Continue reading
The Foley Food and Wine Society has joined the TV show “The Inn Crowd with Chef Budi Kazali” as its season three title sponsor according to Executive Producers Ira Distenfield and Craig Case. “As Title Sponsor, The Foley Food and … Continue reading
Pastavino restaurant at 6920 Marketplace Drive in Goleta has closed after 4 years in business and I am told it will be replaced with a new BBQ eatery. “We are bringing in new management and a new chef to open … Continue reading
Local Taco Bell franchisee Richard informs me that the Encherito is now officially back on the menu at Taco Bell. In July Taco Bell removed the classic item from their list of offerings.
After decades in business the Elephant Bar restaurant at 521 Firestone Road in Goleta closed on August 18th.
McConnell’s Ice Cream has opened a new retail store at 728 State Street, formerly Java Jones and Espresso Roma Café.
This just in from reader Nancy: “Hi John, We just ate at Lure Fish House at 60 California St in Ventura today, and it has fantastic food, gorgeous decor and ambiance, super friendly staff, great prices, extensive drink menu, excellent … Continue reading
The Lucky Penny has opened in the Funk Zone at 137 Anacapa Street, immediately next to the new Lark restaurant. Owner Sherry Villanueva offers a description of her new eatery: “Lucky Penny take-away café offers wood-fired pizza, artisan coffee, hand … Continue reading
The Bistro restaurant has reopened at Bacara Resort & Spa in Goleta after months of renovations. The Italian eatery now features a private dining room, and is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Bistro is led by Chef … Continue reading
This just in from Director of Operations Ron Gleiberman: “Hi John, Silvergreens Downtown (across from Paseo Nuevo) just released a new menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner! This menu focuses on using more local and farmer’s market ingredients, fresh herbs, … Continue reading
Authentic, Italian pasta is alive and well in Santa Barbara, now that Executive Chef Alessandro Cartumini at Four Seasons Biltmore treats visitors to the hotel’s California-Italian restaurant Bella Vista to true, authentic Italian pasta. Hailing from Paruzzaro, Italy and having … Continue reading
I stopped by the former home of Peabody’s at 1198 Coast Village Road and it appears that it is still under construction and a long way from opening. The building was leased by cellular phone pioneer Craig McCaw. Rumor has … Continue reading
I stopped by All India Café at 431 State Street and was told that their transition to “Himalayan Kitchen,” originally scheduled for mid-June, has been delayed because they are still waiting for health permits. When the necessary permits are in … Continue reading
This just in from reader Foodie Dan: “John, Rustys Pizza has a Chili Verde pizza for the month of August; tomatillo sauce, pork and cheese. I will be trying this one!”
Reader Cris spotted this official tweet from Szechuan Restaurant, 1994 Cliff Drive: “How do our customers feel about the possibility of a Szechuan Restaurant II out in Goleta?”
Readers tell me that Ca Dario Pizzeria at 29 E. Victoria Street is expanding into the vacated American Cleaners next door.
Owner Michael Palmer tells me that McConnell’s Fine Ice Creams hopes to debut its inaugural, flagship ice cream parlor this week at 728 State Street, formerly Java Jones and Espresso Roma Café. After a nearly forty year absence from company-owned … Continue reading
For the entire month of August you can enjoy lunch in Wine Cask’s historic courtyard while supporting local nonprofit United Way. Wine Cask (813 Anacapa Street) has partnered with United Way of Santa Barbara County for their Charity Lunch Promotion, … Continue reading
The Lark, named for the sleek overnight Pullman train of the Southern Pacific Railroad that serviced Santa Barbara from 1910 -1968, is a 130 seat full service restaurant located at 131 Anacapa Street in the former Santa Barbara Fish Market … Continue reading
I have purchased a new camera for use with this blog and SantaBarbara.com in general. For the first time I am now using a full SLR camera instead of a pocket digital camera or iPhone. The first pictures taken with … Continue reading
This just in from reader SO: Mediterra Cafe & Market [5575 Hollister Ave, Goleta] closed on the 31st due to their lease running up. Hope they find a new spot soon! Their lunch specials were always really good!
I am not a big fan of drama. And a year ago July I married a wonderful lady who doesn’t care much for drama either. Consequently it surprised both of us when we went to the annual Fiesta event “Celebración … Continue reading
Four months after opening at 1024 Coast Village Road in Montecito, Pressed Juicery has opened a second South Coast location at 506 State Street, nestled between Cold Stone Creamery and Natural Café. Founding partners Hayden Slater, Carly Brien, and Hedi … Continue reading