Last weekend I was one of 5 BBQ judges at the 4BSB festival at Elings Park. In the professional category Kaptains Firehouse BBQ (6545 Pardall Road, Isla Vista) won best chicken while Blazin Blue BBQ won best ribs. In the amateur category Aron Ives won best ribs while Tim Goebel won best chicken and best overall. In case you missed this event, here is a list of upcoming festivals that you might enjoy:
- 40th Annual Greek Festival, July 27 – 28, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m., Oak Park: The festival evokes the sights, sounds and tastes that define the traditional Greek way of life. Enjoy Greek food like gyros and moussaka, listen to the distinctive sounds of the bouzouki and other exotic instruments played by authentic Greek musicians, and shop in the Greek marketplace. For more information visit santabarbaragreekfestival.org.
- 4th Annual Aloha Spirit Bash, July 27, noon – 6 p.m., Elings Park: This fundraiser event celebrates the Hawaiian culture while raising money for local youth outreach programs. Enjoy food, live bands and the beer garden. Tickets are $25. For more information call 895-2772 or visit alohaspiritbash.org.
- 4th Annual Tequila Harvest Festival, August 31, 3 p.m. – 7 p.m., Elings Park: Sample from 30 Premium Tequila and Mezcal labels, Extra-Añejos and other distilled Spirits and enjoy appetizers from local restaurants. There will be live Latin music and entertainment and a silent raffle for a chance to take your favorite Tequila or Mezcal home which 100% of proceeds benefit Elings Park. Tickets are $45 or $80 for VIP. For more information visit agaveavenue.com.
- Santa Barbara Beer Festival, October 19, noon – 4 p.m., Elings Park: The soccer fields at Elings Park will be transformed into Santa Barbara’s oldest beer festival featuring the best microbrews from the central and west coast. Tickets are $50 or $75 for VIP.For more information visit sbbeerfestival.com.
- 1st Annual Rebel Yell Rockabilly Festival, November 2, Elings Park: Elings Park presents the 1st Annual Rebel Yell Rockabilly Festival. Enjoy the Hot Rods car show, Pin-Up girl contest, beer garden, live music, food, kids corral and more. If you have any questions or would like to participate contact Christina at email@example.com or call 805-569-5611.