NEW CHINA CLOSES

Several readers tell me that New China at 5764 Hollister Avenue in Goleta, which offered Chinese, Japanese and Korean cuisine, closed in June. I am told the business was replaced my Mexican restaurant “Tapatia #3.”

7 Responses to NEW CHINA CLOSES

1. Christine says:

Many months ago ownership changed and the restaurant was doing Mongolian BBQ according to their sign. On one of my frequent lunchtime walks I saw the place open and functioning, but never again. I really miss the family and my weekly Pho. Noodle City isn’t an acceptable replacement for me. “Yay more Mexican in Old Town…”

2. Fay says:

Well heck, finally got pizza in OT Goleta, but it’s Little Ceasars, and now yet another mexican joint. I never got to try sthe Mongolian BBQ place; missed my spring rolls from New China too much.

3. mike says:

Wonderful, another Mexican option. Within a few blocks we have the following. Altamirano, Del Valle , Grill, El Rincon Bohemio, El Sitio, La Chapala Market, Goleta Bakery and Pepe’s. Not to forget Domingos, Taco Bell and El Pollo Rico for either bad, or quasi south of the border food.

On another note, for those missing their Korean fix, Choi’s down the street next to South Coast Deli makes a very good Bibmbap.

• Huyen says:

Hi Mike – I couldn’t find anything about Choi’s – are you talking about the market in the same strip mall? I think I’ve been there..do they sell food in the back? Thanks!!

• mike says:

Yeah, that’s the place. They have a had written sign on the door indicating they sell bibmbap. Place has more of a Korean bent on their product line than most.

4. Michael says:

Same people who opened new china in 1996 own noodle
    city…

5. SL says:

Such a bummer. Used to be the best pho in town back and the day. Great spring rolls too.