Here is a snapshot of South Coast food news for June: Lazy Acres at 302 Meigs Road is exploring opening a new local store. Los Agaves has opened a second location at 2911 De La Vina Street. Trattoria Vittoria at 30 E. Victoria Street has launched a new happy hour from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Santa Barbara Certified Farmers Market Association launched a “Farm Friendly Dining” certification program. Max’s Cucina at 3514 State Street introduced corkage-free Wednesdays. Santa Barbara’s Public Market, coming to 34 W. Victoria Street, will be the home of a variety of food businesses including a taqueria, cupcakery, ice cream parlor, pasta shop, butcher shop, seafood store and more. Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co. has opened at 137 Anacapa St. San Marcos High School plans to start an entirely new Culinary Program for students this fall. A rumor is circulating that McConnell’s Ice Cream will be opening a location at 728 State Street. A south-western restaurant named Verdé will be opening at 532 State Street. A quick casual Japanese eatery is coming to 3891 State Street, formerly Jack’s Bagels. All India Café at 431 State Street will reopen under new ownership as “Himalaya House,” offering Indian, Nepali and Tibetan cuisine. Little Caesars Pizza opened in Casitas Plaza Shopping Center at 1048 Casitas Pass Road in Carpinteria. American Ale opened at 14 East Cota Street.
- Spank on FREEMAN’S FLYING CHICKEN OPENS
- Johnny Morosin on TINO’S OPENS ON CARRILLO
- Peter Durand on TINO’S OPENS ON CARRILLO
- Lauren on ADAMA TO CLOSE
- Mario Marovic on R+D KITCHEN COMING TO MONTECITO
- Tim on PACE CLOSES
- karen friedman on SILVERGREENS TO LAUNCH “KYLE’S KITCHEN”
- Whirl on THE THANKSGIVING RESTAURANT LIST
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- Stella Mare's - Enjoy cocktails, wine and casual French Country cuisine in a unique and charming location overlooking the Bird Refuge.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.