A SNEAK PEEK AT SANTA BARBARA PUBLIC MARKET

Santa Barbara’s Public Market is part of the Alma del Pueblo mixed-use building that will house both condos and merchants. The first businesses, which open in early fall at the intersection of Victoria and Chapala (formerly Vons), are:

• Belcampo Meat Co. sells meats from their own organic farm, processed in their own facility. They always have beef, pork, lamb, and a wide selection of poultry from the farm. Depending on the season, Belcamp also stock goat, rabbit and specialty poultry.
  • Enjoy Cupcakes offers sweet treats, artfully presented and lovingly prepared. This family-owned business with its current location in Los Olivos boasts items such as Ginger Lime Chardonnay cake and Chocolate Salted Pecan pie.
  • Foragers Pantry has some culinary items for everyone. From artisanal dinnerware to organic produce to eco-friendly cleansers to a gallon of milk, the Foragers Pantry will have you covered.
  • Flagstone Pantry will offer soups, entrées, salads, sides, dips, dressings, baked goods and other treats that are seasonally inspired and prepared fresh daily in small batches.
  • Green Star Coffee sells Certified Organic Fair Trade coffees and teas.
  • il Fustino purveys fine and fresh olive oils, specialty oils, and vinegars. All oils are grown and milled in California.
  • JuiceWell offers nutrient-dense juice abundant in fresh, raw, un-pasteurized fruits and vegetables.
  • Pasta Shoppe will sell fresh-made pasta for take home or enjoyment on site.
  • Rori’s Artisanal Creamery, which opened a location at 1024 Coast Village Rd, Montecito last December, offers ice cream made with Straus Family Creamery organic milk, cream and eggs.
  • The Kitchen
  • Wine + Beer

sb-public-market

14 Responses to A SNEAK PEEK AT SANTA BARBARA PUBLIC MARKET

I’m guessing the Enjoy Cupcakes once established will probably usurp everybody else in the cupcake wars, they are really good.

• Lily says:

I am not much of a cupcake person, but Enjoy Cupcakes has the best cupcakes I ever had.

• N says:

We tried Enjoy Cupcakes once with high expectations because of the good reviews, but they didn’t seem that special. However, Crushcakes has always been disappointing/dry, and there’s not much other cupcake competition in town, so it’s not hard to imagine that people will like Enjoy Cupcakes more.

2. Amanda says:

Oh man I want to try their cupcakes! I can’t stand Crushcakes– so dry, too much icing, it all tastes the same. Bleh.

3. christine! says:

Good Luck to the markets- it all seems like it will be very expensive…..though I truly hope it takes root and succeeds!

4. Christine says:

Sounds very interesting, especially the meat market.

5. Gerald Bostock says:

Indeed, Christine. Goat! Lamb! I’ll pay for those rare treats.

6. Alisa says:

I am always willing to pay more for best quality. This concept is long overdue in S.B.

7. Gerald Bostock says:

BelCampo’s site is interesting. I like anyone who pays that much attention to staff on a website.
    And they offer beef shank hash on the brunch menu in Larkspur. Yay!

8. Lily says:

That’s an impressive variety of shops. In other parts of country, you would probably see mostly chains taking up these expensive realestate spots, for example, the abomination known as the Washington DC Chinatown.

9. Gerald Bostock says:

I’d like to give an honest shout out from a local to il Fustino. The woman partner/owner, whose name I have forgotten, gifted me when I was unemployed. I will continue to purchase from them! This is not a shill. Thank you il Fustino.

10. Christine says:

So Belcampo won’t use local meat? If they are planning on using their own, it comes from Shasta?