My long time friend John “Wedge” Wardlaw, who owns the cabin here at Copco Lake, used to eat at Mom’s Italian Village (421 E. Cota Street) for years and feels that their spaghetti meat sauce was the best he had ever had. Needless to say he was devastated when the restaurant closed. Recently he and his wife ran into someone who used to work at Mom’s and John used the meeting as an opportunity to find out how they made their meat sauce. He was very surprised to find out that one of the key ingredients was Rosemary. He also found out that they didn’t use crushed tomatoes, they used tomato paste. When John went home he used these suggestions and was able to make a sauce very close to the Mom’s classic. Here is a list of ingredients in John’s approximation of Mom’s spaghetti sauce: ground beef, tomato paste, celery, onion, mushrooms, olive oil, little bit of garlic, a table spoon or two of crushed Rosemary and Italian seasoning without Oregano. Put all of it into a food processor and make it a puree. The puree step is important because there were no chunks in Mom’s spaghetti meat sauce.
- William Munny on MESA BURGER OPENS (UPDATED)
- Peter on MESA BURGER OPENS (UPDATED)
- SB & TAHOE on RED KETTLE COFFEE OPENS IN SUMMERLAND
- Gerald Bostock on MESA BURGER OPENS (UPDATED)
- Mark on GLOBE BECOMES 18 EAST
- Liz on GLOBE BECOMES 18 EAST
- LoFiGirl on GLOBE BECOMES 18 EAST
- Nancy Freeman on BLUEWATER GRILL UPDATE
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.