- Mikey on SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET OPENS
- John Dickson on SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET OPENS AUG 24TH
- Susan Felicetta on SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET OPENS
- Chaz on SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET OPENS AUG 24TH
- Chaz on SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET OPENS
- John Dickson on SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET OPENS AUG 24TH
- Christine on PIEOLOGY OPENS SATURDAY
- Gary Lapman on SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET OPENS
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: June 2013
The rumors are true. In mid-July Santa Barbara’s iconic ice cream brand, McConnell’s Fine Ice Creams, will debut its inaugural, flagship ice cream parlor at 728 State Street, formerly Java Jones and Espresso Roma Café. After a nearly forty year … Continue reading
This just in from the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History: Santa Barbara, CA ─ The Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History will host the 26th Annual Santa Barbara Wine Festival on Saturday, June 29 from 2:00 to 5:00 PM. … Continue reading
Here is a snapshot of South Coast food news for June: Lazy Acres at 302 Meigs Road is exploring opening a new local store. Los Agaves has opened a second location at 2911 De La Vina Street. Trattoria Vittoria at … Continue reading
Reader Gabrielle let me know that the restaurant at Mattei’s Tavern in Los Olivos (formerly Brothers Restaurant) is scheduled to open in July under the supervision of chef Robbie Wilson. Wilson’s wife Emily, who is a managing partner of the … Continue reading
I called 805 Deli at 135 E. Carrillo Street and was told that the business was bought by Presidio Market, 1236 Santa Barbara Street and that the change-over will happen in about a month. I was told that no changes … Continue reading
Reader Steven tells me that Suzanne Goin and Caroline Styne, owners of acclaimed Lucques, A.O.C., Tavern and the Larder at Maple Drive restaurants in Los Angeles, will no longer be opening a restaurant at 1014 Coast Village Road, the former … Continue reading
This just in from Silvergreens, 791 Chapala Street: Hi John, I hope all is well and you’re enjoying the beautiful summer weather! We just wanted to let you know that our culinary team is introducing delicious, seasonal special menu items … Continue reading
Ever wondered how beer is made? And what exactly is going on in all those big, shiny tanks in the back of a brewery? Island Brewing Company in Carpinteria will be offering free, scheduled brewery tours throughout the summer. Brewery … Continue reading
Read Chris sent me some updated information about the south western restaurant Verde, coming soon to 532 State Street, the former home of Zia Café. Hi, John, Verde did a trial run soft opening for a few hours during the … Continue reading
The Seattle-based coffee company says it’s hiking prices on average by 1 percent nationally. Starbucks adds that the price for many drinks, such as medium and large brewed coffees and Frappuccinos, won’t change.
I just received this press-release from Persona Neapolitan Pizzeria at 905 State Street: Local Pizzeria Announces Customer Appreciation Day, Every Day. Persona Neapolitan Pizzeria will pay the tab for one customer a day. Persona Neapolitan Pizzeria, Santa Barbara’s newest wood-fired … Continue reading
Reader Jonathan tells me that Lazy Acres at 302 Meigs Road is exploring opening a new store somewhere in the area. They are conducting market research at the Mesa store finding out neighborhoods people live in. Jonathan says that, during … Continue reading
Last week I published a list of businesses coming to Santa Barbara Public Market at 34 W. Victoria Street (formerly Vons). I am now told that chef Jason Tuley of Anchor Woodfire Kitchen, 119 State Street will be opening 3 … Continue reading
Reader Steve tells me that Kotuko Elixer Bar and Superfood Store will be opening soon inside DiviniTree Yoga and Art Studio at 25 E De La Guerra Street in El Paseo.
Trattoria Vittoria at 30 E. Victoria Street has launched a new happy hour from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Options include: Tratt Red or Tratt White Wine $4, Draft Beer $4 / Bottled Beer $3, Well Drinks $5, Signature Cocktails … Continue reading
The popular Mexican restaurant Los Agaves has opened a second location at 2911 De La Vina Street (formerly Jake’s). The first customer was served at 11:50 a.m. on Monday, June 17th. The flagship location at 600 N. Milpas Street was … Continue reading
This just in from the Santa Barbara Farmers Market: Santa Barbara, CA—Santa Barbara Certified Farmers Market Association (SBCFMA) launches “Farm Friendly Dining” Certification Program highlighting local food establishments who support our farmers markets while simultaneously bringing increased exposure to the … Continue reading
Here is a press-release from Max’s Cucina, 3514 State Street: Max’s Cucina Introduces Corkage-Free Wednesdays, New Menu Items, & July Events Santa Barbara, CA. – June 18, 2013 It’s a little know fact that longtime breakfast/brunch favorite Max’s Restaurant transforms … Continue reading
Santa Barbara’s Public Market is part of the Alma del Pueblo mixed-use building that will house both condos and merchants. The first businesses, which open in early fall at the intersection of Victoria and Chapala (formerly Vons), are: Belcampo Meat … Continue reading
Here is a list of restaurants that have opened this year: May 2013: American Ale, 14 East Cota St.; Little Caesars, 1048 Casitas Pass Rd., Carpinteria; Panera Bread, 700 State St. April 2013: Brasil Arts Cafe, 1230C State St.; Finch … Continue reading
Hundreds of local residents dined on some of the best cuisine Santa Barbara has to offer at Share Our Strength’s 6th Annual Taste of the Nation event on May 19 at the Montecito Country Club. The event raised $55,000 to … Continue reading
While attending Chapman University in the city of Orange, CA, my niece Kate Cole is currently staying in Santa Barbara for her summer vacation. Recently she started applying for work and dropped off a resume at Xanadu Bakery, 1028 Coast … Continue reading
Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co. has opened in the Funk Zone at 137 Anacapa St. This is the second location for the brewery, whose flagship store is at 45 Industrial Way in Buellton. The brewery offers a tasting room where you … Continue reading
San Marcos High School plans to start an entirely new Culinary Program for students in Fall, 2013. A portion of the cafeteria kitchen and dining area is currently being refurbished into a multipurpose instructional and functional kitchen. The program will … Continue reading
My first taste of the food industry was working as a waiter for 4 years at Casa Dorinda Retirement Community in Montecito which is next door to my childhood home. I am happy to report that Casa Dorinda has hired … Continue reading
Georgia’s Smokehouse food truck now makes a regular stop at Island Brewing Co. in Carpinteria every Thursday. For the entire schedule of stops visit georgias-smokehouse.com.
My long time friend John “Wedge” Wardlaw, who owns the cabin here at Copco Lake, used to eat at Mom’s Italian Village (421 E. Cota Street) for years and feels that their spaghetti meat sauce was the best he had … Continue reading
Since last Friday I have been on vacation at Copco Lake in northern California near Mt. Shasta. My friends and I take a group photo here every 5 years.