NEW JAPANESE RESTAURANT

The latest report arriving up here in the South Coast food news control tower reveals that a quick casual Japanese eatery is coming to 3891 State Street (in the Galleria), the former home of Jack’s Bistro & Bagels.

13 Responses to NEW JAPANESE RESTAURANT

1. Charlotte says:

That entire mall is practically empty…so weird. It will be a nice addition to the place.

2. N says:

I think that mall is in a bad location. It’s difficult to access except from certain directions, and the parking lot is blocked off from other nearby lots. Unless there’s something really great, it just doesn’t seem worth it to go there.

3. syg yzy says:

I give it two months.

4. RexOfSB says:

I just flashed on something–I’m a third-generation native Santa Barbaran and I’ve never, ever been to the Galleria. I didn’t even know they had a parking lot. All I really know about it is the schlocky fake palm trees at the bus stop right out in front. Am I missing anything?

5. lemonjelly says:

I will certainly give it a try! I miss Itsuki and Kobachi in that ‘hood.

6. Christine says:

Itsuki was easy walking distance for us and this new place in the Galleria isn’t much further. Since parking stinks in Galleria. ;-) Looking forward to giving this new place a try.

7. Jules says:

My hair supply shop is in the Galleria. Horrible parking and difficult to access. That poor mall has never really worked. Have no idea why they would go there!!!

8. Cathy says:

I went to the Galleria once, by accident. I was new in town and I had taken the bus from UCSB to try to go to La Cumbre Plaza. Naturally, I got off the bus at La Cumbre Rd and wandered into the Galleria. This was back in the day before smartphones (I didn’t even have a cell phone yet) so I had no idea where to go. Also, it was raining and I hadn’t brought an umbrella. I ended up going to the Clothestime in Five Points. Ha!

I went there for Scottrade and hit Jack’s when I was there, Scottrace has since moved. They have some kind of yoga studio up there too I think. Google says a salon is there and “santa Barbara advisors” , financial I guess.