EGG WHITE DELIGHT UPDATE

Last week I published a press-release from McDonald’s saying “Central Coast residents will have the opportunity to sample the new Egg White Delight McMuffin for free May 2 – 4 (one sample per person, per visit, during breakfast hours only).” I decided to try the offer and my experience is detailed below.

On May 4 The Restaurant Gal and I went in toMcDonald’s at Camino Real Marketplace in Goleta and asked for our free Egg White Delight McMuffins. The lady had no idea what I was talking about and rang up $7 on the cash register. I reminded her that there was a promotion running today for a free Egg White Delight McMuffin and she didn’t appear to know about it. She spoke to the other employees working around her and none of them knew about the promotion either. She then went to the kitchen and returned with a single chunk of egg white in a box. I then asked to speak with a manager about the free Egg White Delight McMuffin promotion and showed him the chunk of egg white in a box that had just been given to me. He then went to the kitchen and prepared
an Egg White Delight McMuffin, cut off 1/4 of it for the Restaurant Gal, cut off another 1/4 for me and discarded the rest. Needless to say this was not what we were expecting.

eggwhite

16 Responses to EGG WHITE DELIGHT UPDATE

1. Charlotte says:

That is terrible! But this does not surprise me. I seem to go through a similar situation every St. Patrick’s time of year when they roll out the classic Shamrock Shake. There will be banners all over the restaurant and no shake, no clue…??

2. N says:

They also falsely advertised that the promotion would be “during breakfast hours only”. We went there on May 4th (Sat) before breakfast ended at 11 am, and we were told that the promotion ended at 10 am. So it was false advertising all around. I mean, how much could that sandwich cost to make, $1-2? They barely knew about the promotion, skimped and gave out 1/4 size samples, and limited the promo to only part of the breakfast hours, pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

3. Mac says:

You know how to spoil a girl John. Makes the rest of us look awful…

Lovely, maybe we’ll get a response from the Egg McMuffin Jr.

5. Les Clark says:

I when to a Micky D’s (Thats how we say it in Lompoc where I grew up) in Nipomo the other day and there was a young lady outside passing out free samples of the egg white mc muffin. They were in 1/4s also. A lot of Mc Donald’s promo’s are done by Participating Stores Only!
    Have a Berry Nice Day All

Les@theberryman.com

6. RexOfSB says:

I’ve gotta say, this concoction looks pretty off-putting in any context. People who want healthy food don’t go to McDonald’s in the first place.

7. Lily says:

I find it pretty sad that he threw the other half in trash rather than letting you have even one extra bite. Why? Is it because the corporate office pounded into his head that a sample is 1/4, nothing more, nothing less?

8. SL says:

They missed the boat on this.The whole “eggs whites” only fad was many years ago. The yolk is the most nutritious part of the egg and removing it you are doing a disservice to your health and nutrition.

9. karl says:

just consider yourself lucky. you might have eaten the whole thing