- Rex Of SB on MESA BURGER OPENS (UPDATED)
- Foodie Dan on MESA BURGER OPENS (UPDATED)
- Tlachiquero on MESA BURGER OPENS (UPDATED)
- Gary on BLUEWATER GRILL UPDATE
- Gerald Bostock on MESA BURGER OPENS (UPDATED)
- David on MESA BURGER OPENS (UPDATED)
- Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo on BLUEWATER GRILL UPDATE
- William Munny on MESA BURGER OPENS (UPDATED)
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: May 2013
Reader Michael says that McConnell’s Ice Cream will be opening a location at 728 State Street, the former home of Open Cup, Jitters Coffee, Java Jones, and Espresso Roma Café.
A south-western restaurant named Verdé will be opening in mid-June at 532 State Street, the former home of Zia Café. Owner Dave Campos was affiliated with Zia Café before the year 2000. “We’re taking the south-western cuisine of Santa Barbara … Continue reading
The latest report arriving up here in the South Coast food news control tower reveals that a quick casual Japanese eatery is coming to 3891 State Street (in the Galleria), the former home of Jack’s Bistro & Bagels.
I spoke with All India Café at 431 State Street and was told that they will close in mid-June. After 2 weeks of remodeling the eatery will reopen under new ownership as “Himalaya House,” offering Indian, Nepali and Tibetan cuisine. … Continue reading
That was quite an earthquake this morning. No need for coffee!
The Restaurant Gal and I were dining at Mesa Café recently and noticed that the transformation of the building next door, previously occupied by the legendary Dean-O’s Pizzarama at 1950 Cliff Drive, is complete. The site of the former eatery … Continue reading
This just in from the Bacara Resort: In the wildly successful documentary, SOMM, viewers are taken on a humorous, emotional and illuminating look into a mysterious world – the Court of Master Sommeliers and the massively intimidating Master Sommelier exam. … Continue reading
Last week Little Caesars Pizza opened in Casitas Plaza Shopping Center at 1048 Casitas Pass Road in Carpinteria. The new restaurant split the tenant space previously occupied by Hallmark, next to CVS Pharmacy. This is the third South Coast outlet … Continue reading
American Ale has opened at 14 East Cota Street, the former home of El Taco Tequila Taqueria and Square One. American Ale is the second location for the Union Ale Company which opened their first restaurant at 214 State Street … Continue reading
Arlington Tavern at 21 W. Victoria Street celebrating Memorial Day weekend with a barbecue on Monday, May 27, to kick off summer in Santa Barbara. The crew at AT will open doors early at 2:00pm on Monday. Chef Ron True … Continue reading
A new sign for “Montecito Eats, Inc.” has appeared at 1014 Coast Village Road, the former home of Tsunami restaurant. The as-yet-unnamed restaurant will be brought to you by Suzanne Goin and Caroline Styne, owners of acclaimed Lucques, A.O.C., Tavern … Continue reading
This just in from the Santa Barbara Downtown Organization: 2013 DOWNTOWN ART & WINE TOUR Thursday, May 23rd, 5:30 – 9:30 PM Tour: 5:30-8:00 pm at various downtown locations Party: 7:30-9:30 pm at the Santa Barbara Historical Museum Santa Barbara, … Continue reading
This just in from reader Stacy: Hi, I saw a sign in the window of Ichiban saying that the restaurant is undergoing a transfer of ownership. Do you know anything about this? Thanks! Stacy
Panera Bread has opened at 700 State Street in downtown Santa Barbara. The eatery opened their first South Coast location at 3851 State Street in March, 2012.
While enjoying a variety of dishes from Taste of the Nation at the Montecito Country Club I spoke to the folks manning the booth for Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co. They told me that they hope to open their new Funk … Continue reading
Here are pictures from Taste of the Nation that was held at the Montecito Country Club last weekend.
Reader Steve tells me that Isabella’s Gourmet Foods has opened at 5 E. Figueroa Street (part of La Arcada Court) in what used to be a yarn shop. Here is a description from their web site: Isabella Gourmet Foods is … Continue reading
This just in from reader Tony: Hi John, I noticed that a new wine bar/ wine shop is apparently moving into the old Live Culture space at the entrance to Paseo Nuevo (11 W. De la Guerra St). Thanks Tony … Continue reading
This Wednesday May 15th at 5pm, The Restaurant Gal and I will be waiting tables at Pascucci restaurant 729 State St for the Solstice Parade’s annual fundraiser. 100% of your dining bill, including tip, will go toward Solstice (thank you Pascucci … Continue reading
I thought Mother’s Day would be a good time to post an update on long-gone Santa Barbara icon Mom’s Italian Village, 421 E. Cota Street that began serving local diners in the 1930′s. Even though the building was demolished and … Continue reading
On Monday, May 13th, I have a birthday that ends with a zero so I will be taking a little time off to celebrate. Hopefully I’ll restart later in the week. See you soon!
Edhat is reporting that there was a fire in the kitchen early this morning at Jill’s Place, 632 Santa Barbara Street. Though the fire was confined to the kitchen, apparently there is a lot of smoke and water damage throughout … Continue reading
Santa Barbara chefs, restaurants and mixologists will gather for the 6th annual Taste of the Nation culinary benefit on Sunday, May 19 at the Montecito Country Club from 3pm to 6pm, with a VIP reception beginning at 3pm. Taste of … Continue reading
CNN published a story today, written by Paul Vercammen, about the 5-year photo guys from Santa Barbara. The northern California cabin my friends and I have been going to for 30 years to take our photo was burglarized while we … Continue reading
Reader Bruce let me know that 714 State Street, an address that been home to restaurants for decades including Mimosa, Chino’s Rock & Tacos, Matador and Piranha, will soon be a women’s clothing store named LOLE.
After having their alcoholic beverage permit suspended in January, Red Wine Bar at 211 Helena Avenue reopens this Friday. Here is a message from owner Dana Walters: I am so grateful for this opportunity to help re-open and run what … Continue reading
A new local company named Nite Bite delivers a limited menu selection from 8 p.m. to 3 a.m. There is a $20 minimum order and no delivery charge. The menu includes hamburger $9.50, grilled chicken sandwich $10, roasted veggie sandwich … Continue reading
Noozhawk is reporting that Lazy Acres Market at 302 Meigs Road has been named Outstanding Retailer of 2013 by the Specialty Food Association. The award will be presented July 1 at the Summer Fancy Food Show in New York City. … Continue reading
If you have any suggestions please leave a message in the blog. Hi John, Mother’s Day Brunch has always been avoided in the past but this year, we are going in….any ideas? Thanks, Charlotte