- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- Stella Mare's - Enjoy cocktails, wine and casual French Country cuisine in a unique and charming location overlooking the Bird Refuge.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: April 2013
Mike and Kathie Gordon, the owners of Toscana restaurant and Bar Toscana in Brentwood, have opened a two-story SY Kitchen at 1110 Faraday Street in downtown Santa Ynez. Their first day in business was April 18th. Bar Toscana chef Luca … Continue reading
Reader Jeremiah tells me that there is light at the end of the tunnel for Los Gallos restaurant, 2009 De La Vina Street: Today, I spoke with a close friend of the owner and he said, “without a doubt,” Los … Continue reading
Reader Mike tells me that Panera Bread is set to open at 700 State Street, the former home of Left At Albuquerque. Hi John! Downtown Panera Bread opening May 3rd. Talked to a couple of employees on their way out. … Continue reading
Santa Barbara’s newest downtown brewpub eatery American Ale is coming to 14 East Cota Street, the former home of Little Cantina, El Taco Tequila Taqueria and Square One. American Ale will be the second location for the Union Ale Company … Continue reading
This just in from your friendly neighborhood McDonald’s: CENTRAL COAST McDONALD’S EXPANDS WHOLESOME BREAKFAST CHOICES WITH NEW EGG WHITE DELIGHT McMUFFIN Customers can also flip their breakfast favorites by choosing freshly grilled 100% egg whites & white cheddar on any … Continue reading
If you have any suggestions please leave a message in the blog. Hi, wondering if there are any restaurants in SB that have amazing bottle of wine deals on Wednesday nights? Or any day of the week? Thanks! Tina
These just in from reader Hugh: The number for Pasta House [at 6546 Pardall Road] in Isla Vista is disconnected and they are no longer in sbmenus either. I hope for something good as I am down the street from … Continue reading
The Restaurant Gal and I went to an open house at the Bacara Resort on Sunday, celebrating new ownership by Pacific Hospitality Group, Eagle Four Partners and Bill Foley. The event included live music, hors d’oeuvres by Executive Chef David … Continue reading
Local private chefs Myco Rosso and Linda Kendall operated their kitchen out of Earl Warren Showgrounds for many years. Having outgrown the location the pair searched for a larger kitchen and came across a space in El Mercado Plaza at … Continue reading
Reader Primetime tells me that John Locke, General Manager of the Cold Spring Tavern since May 2000, passed away last Sunday. No other details are available.
Seven Bar & Kitchen has opened the kitchen section of their business, located in the Funk Zone at 224 Helena Street, the former home of The Pub. The eatery offers sliders, skewers, mac and cheese, salads , sandwiches and more. … Continue reading
Chef Robert Perez, of Seagrass Restaurant at 30 E. Ortega Street, has been honored as one of the country’s top culinary talents in the inaugural edition of the peer-reviewed Best Chefs America coffee table book. Chefs were chosen after extensive … Continue reading
If you have a suggestion please leave a message in the blog. John, Do any restaurants feature tax day savings? I know that in LA many restaurants offer major discounts on tax day? Hannah
CNN/KABC Talk Radio food critic Peter Dills will be in town Wednesday April 17th to host a wine tasting event at Montecito Vons. The new Toma Restaurant & Bar will be providing food samples for the event. Here is a … Continue reading
The popular bakery Our Daily Bread has completed a move from their long-time Santa Barbara Street location to 2700 De La Vina Street, formerly occupied by Mimosa. Here is a press release: OUR DAILY BREAD OPENS NEW STATE OF THE … Continue reading
This just in from reader Hugh: Great news John. India Club [at 5701 Calle Real] in Goleta just started having a lunch buffet for $11.95! Fabulous and 2 deserts today. A lemon mousse that was fantastic, 3 kinds of chicken … Continue reading
As the old adage goes, “to do anything great you must do it for 10,000 hours.” Tom & Vicki Dolan, with over 65 combined years of experience in the food & beverage industry, open Toma Restaurant and Bar tonight at … Continue reading
This just in from Coast Restaurant & Bar, 31 West Carrillo Street: FINCH & FORK TO OPEN IN HEART OF DOWNTOWN SANTA BARBARA Coast Restaurant to Evolve into Modern American Bar and Grill Santa Barbara, CA, April, 2013 – This … Continue reading
Local author Marina Delio has launched a new cook book titled “The Yummy Mummy Kitchen: 100 Effortless and Irresistible Recipes to Nourish Your Family with Style and Grace.” Delio provides a collection of easy-to-make and mostly meatless recipes, as well … Continue reading
Due to construction going on in the area Anchor Woodfire Kitchen at 119 State Street won’t be serving lunch until May. The new hours are: breakfast Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 1 1 a.m., brunch Saturday – Sunday 9 … Continue reading
Last night was First Thursday and one of the highlights of the evening was attending the showing of popular local artist Sean Calen Blake at DNA Imagery, 529 E. Gutierrez Street. Vegan sushi was provided by Duo Catering & Events.
A 120-seat restaurant named The Lark is coming to 131 Anacapa Street, the former home of Bay Café. Most of the seats will be out door in 2 large patios. The Lark will offer seasonal, local New America cuisine including … Continue reading
A coffee shop and pizzeria named The Lucky Penny is coming to 131 Anacapa Street, the former home of the raw fish market. The eatery will share the parking lot with the new Lark restaurant that is replacing Bay Café. … Continue reading
Avelina Wine Company will be opening a production winery at 131 Anacapa Street in the Funk Zone. Three businesses will be occupying the 10,000 square foot building: The Lark restaurant in front (formerly Bay Café), Caveau wine store in the … Continue reading
Whodidily cupcakes closed their Santa Barbara store in April, 2011 and their flagship Montecito location in December of that year. Reader Patrick let me know that they have reopened in Carpinteria with a slightly changed name: “Whodidily by Wendy.” This … Continue reading
Reader Jonathan let me know that things are about to change at Coast Restaurant and Bar, 31 W. Carrillo Street. I called the Canary Hotel, which was sold to Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants a year ago, and they confirmed that their eatery … Continue reading
If you have a suggestion please leave a message in the blog. Do you know any details about the store East Beach Wine closing? I was a regular customer, with a few hundred dollars worth of gift certificates to redeem. … Continue reading
This just in from Arlington Tavern, 21 W. Victoria Street: NEWS FROM THE TAVERN April is a very special month at Arlington Tavern. Not only are we entering Spring, we are celebrating our first anniversary. Last year, on April 23rd, … Continue reading
A new Brazilian restaurant and fitness spot named Brasil Arts Cafe has opened 1230 State Street. Chef Lica Sfredo offers Acai, smoothies, juices, Brazilian BBQ, Coxinhas, Feijoada, Brazilian desserts and more. Fitness options include Capoeira class, Samba, Afro-Brazilian Dance, Brazilian … Continue reading