In early January 2007, two weeks after I started this column, I met The Restaurant Gal while dining at a hole-in-the wall in Santa Monica. Last May I finally proposed, we were married in July and she moved from down south to Goleta last September. In an effort to turn our “house” into a “home” she has been helping clear out a lot of junk I had accumulated over the years. Though I very much appreciate all her hard work I was shocked to see the rusty, dented Rumor Machine sitting in a trash pile in the side yard. She clearly didn’t know how much I depend on it for this column. I quickly plugged it in to see if it still works and, much to my relief, it appeared to weather the elements intact. All the blinky lights came on as expected but unexpectedly it popped out a sheet of paper that read “American Flatbread is looking at the old Bay Cafe location, 131 Anacapa Street.” As always, this rumor might be completely false or a brilliant forecast of future events. Your call.
- Lily on SOMERSET RESTAURANT OPENING DOWNTOWN
- AHB on NIKKA RAMEN COMING TO GOLETA
- Kathy G on SOMERSET RESTAURANT OPENING DOWNTOWN
- Jim on SHARKEY’S WOODFIRED GRILL COMING TO GOLETA
- Gerald Bostock on MISO HUNGRY OPENS UPTOWN
- Rex Of SB on SOMERSET RESTAURANT OPENING DOWNTOWN
- eric on MISO HUNGRY OPENS UPTOWN
- SLV on NIKKA RAMEN COMING TO GOLETA
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.