ATTACK OF THE KILLER SHRIMP

I can exclusively report to you that Killer Shrimp Restaurant and Bar, located next to the Marina Del Rey harbor in southern California for more than two decades, will be invading the South Coast this June at 416 State Street in downtown Santa Barbara, the former home of Baja Sharkeez.

woman3Their signature dish “The Original Killer Shrimp” is prepared using a spicy sauce that is simmered for 10 hours. When your order is placed the shrimp are added to the sauce and cooked quickly then served in a variety of ways ($12-$17) including with French bread, “shelled” with French bread, over rice, over Angel Hair pasta, on a sandwich and with Mac and Cheese. Other entrees ($11 – $24) include filet mignon with peppercorn sauce, New York steak, pan-roasted chicken breast, pan-roasted bone-in pork chop, crab cakes, Atlantic salmon, scallops, fried shrimp, beer battered fish & chips and a daily seafood special. You can add grilled lobster tail to any entrée. Appetizers, soups, salads, desserts and a variety of sides are also available.

Killer Shrimp will have large flat-screen TVs and a full bar that serves everything from 12-tap beers on draft, domestic and imported bottled beers, fine wine by the bottle or glass and specialty drinks made with fresh juices. The restaurant is applying for an entertainment permit for dancing.

The late night eatery will be open 11:30 a.m. – midnight Sunday through Wednesday and 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 a.m. Thursday through Saturday. A late night happy hour will be available daily from 10 p.m. – midnight.

For more information visit killershrimp.com which includes a full menu. Thanks to readers Karl and Bruce for the tips!

killershrmp

8 Responses to ATTACK OF THE KILLER SHRIMP

1. Charlotte says:

What a blast from the past! Back in the 90′s I used to work in MDR and one of our favorite haunts was Killer Shrimp. The name of the place says it all! Mind blowing shrimp in this sublime spicy garlicky broth, crusty bread…pasta or rice if you prefer. (I don’t think they had anything else on the menu) I thought I was dreaming when I read that Killer Shrimp was opening here. I so hope that they didn’t change their recipe….can’t wait!

2. Scott says:

It’s good, but kind of gimmicky. Probably not a ton of repeat business from locals (it’s one of those things you’re in the mood for about once a year), but plenty of tourists will enjoy it.

3. Christine! says:

I’ll drive over the hill to try this!

4. Danny says:

Awesome Place, been to the one in Marina a few times.

But when does it open????

5. Laura says:

I’ll second Scott on that. I’ve been there and the ultra-garlic-infused-butter-spicy broth did not agree with me and I like food that’s hot, garlicky, and spicy so it wasn’t that. Not a place for a first date or with anybody other than those whose friendship is certain if you have to spend any extended amount of time with your companions afterward.

6. Alex Cervantes says:

This place is phenomenal! I went to it when it was a hole
    in the wall before where they are at today. Very
    excited!!!

7. Letty says:

OMG! I used to drive to LA a few times a year just to have this killer shrimp (the name says it all!) and always hoped they would open one in SB. What a joyous surprise when it actually happened! The original location in LA had a lot of character and I still miss it. The place in SB is noisy and lacks ambiance but the shrimp is worth it!