YOGURTLAND IN GOLETA OPENS NEXT WEEK

Owners Eui and Amanda Oh tell me that the popular dessert destination Yogurtland will open their second location at 5880 Calle Real in Goleta, the former home of Blockbuster, sometime between March 25-27. Hours will be 11 a.m. -10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday. For more information call 964-4402 or visit yogurt-land.com.

6 Responses to YOGURTLAND IN GOLETA OPENS NEXT WEEK

1. Charlotte says:

From what my frozen yogurt savvy kids tell me….Yo Yum Yum is doomed. I’m still hoping for a 31 Flavors…..I’m so passé.

2. Amanda says:

Yay! I hope they drive that obnoxious place nearby (with the bright scrolling sign) out of business.

3. Steve L says:

Awesome, I can’t wait!! Yo Yo Yum has a better location next to the bowling alley but Y L has a far superior product. If there was a way for YYY to throw in the towel and sell their lease to Y L then that is what they should do.

4. Chaz says:

Best ice cream in Goleta used to be at Swensen’s when owner Jim Willey made his own on premises from his own recipes – before Swensen’s put the kibosh on the practice and outsourced all production to Carnation.

Young pups today have no idea what REAL ice cream tasted like with its abundant natural ingredients to make you fully aware of what flavor you were eating – as compared to the largely nondescript, watery offerings from most establishments today.

Now, I eat Rori’s for that old-fashioned flavor/texture.

5. Christine says:

OMG it’s the yogurt wars all over again, from the 1980′s-early 1990s. I told my husband that when all these places go under, we will buy their equipment at bankruptcy prices and then put them in storage for 20 years, and then open FroYo in Goleta again and Be Rich!

Waiting on a 31 flavors? That’s awesome, but… My first job when I was 15 was working at the location that is now Kinko’s, “next to” Trader Joe’s. “No one wants the fat and cholesterol of ice cream! We’ll give them FroYo!” 31 flavors had 3 locations in Goleta and SB but 2 went out of business. You people all want FroYo instead!

Did I mention I’ll Be Rich??!?! ;-) (joking, teasing, of course)

For me yogurt has that tart taste that ice cream and gelato don’t, unless you get a lemon or lime flavor maybe? I don’t think I ever made it to Penguins in Goleta but used to go the SLO one, good stuff.