LA CARRETA CLOSES

La Carreta Mexican Seafood at 290 Storke Road in Goleta (Kmart shopping center) has closed. Sources tell me that a new restaurant should replace it within a week or so. I don’t yet know what type of cuisine the new eatery will serve.

8 Responses to LA CARRETA CLOSES

1. Charlotte says:

I liked the place, kinda funky. It used to be really good, but lately I found the quality to be hit or miss though. I think Chipotle (moved in right across the car park) was the nail in their coffin. Shame..

2. Lily says:

La Carreta is completely different than Chipotle. I live near that shopping center, they seem busy during lunch, but at night, you don’t see anybody there. I like their seafood dishes, really good shrimp tacos and burritos.

• Charlotte says:

I agree that they are totally different places indeed, my point was that Chipotle may have taken a lot of La Carreta’s business. I see a lot of students at Chipotle that used to be at La Carreta.

3. lemonjelly says:

Aw, RIP, La Carreta. I had some great lunches there.

Yeah good stuff but ease of getting something at Chipolte agree on downfall.

5. Cris says:

I ate there for the first time a few weeks ago and was confused by the wine cellar and the non-stop playing of Whitney Houston music. The tacos weren’t bad however.

6. Bob says:

This is a shame. I haven’t been to La Carreta in a while but they used to have a chile verde that was off-the-charts.

7. sbdude says:

Not surprised. Was there about a month ago and was sorely disappointed. The food was bland, the service was terrible, and it was unbearably hot (not sure how their wine keeps at 80-degrees, but I certainly wouldn’t order a bottle). The icing on the cake was they charged us for a second basket of chips. Who does that?