- Jim on SHARKEY’S WOODFIRED GRILL COMING TO GOLETA
- Gerald Bostock on MISO HUNGRY OPENS UPTOWN
- Rex Of SB on SOMERSET RESTAURANT OPENING DOWNTOWN
- eric on MISO HUNGRY OPENS UPTOWN
- SLV on NIKKA RAMEN COMING TO GOLETA
- Chaz on SOMERSET RESTAURANT OPENING DOWNTOWN
- ramenaddict on NIKKA RAMEN COMING TO GOLETA
- Jane H on SOMERSET RESTAURANT OPENING DOWNTOWN
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: February 2013
Each year I publish the names of restaurants open on Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don’t maintain list of eateries that plan a special Valentine’s Day meal. If your restaurant is scheduled to have Valentine’s Day menu, please post details for … Continue reading
See if you can help reader Karen find buckwheat pancakes at a local restaurant: Hi John, My husband is in search of buckwheat pancakes (not crepes) in Santa Barbara or Goleta. Any ideas? He had them on a bike trip … Continue reading
Reader Ed writes about Los Gallos at 2009 De La Vina Street: Hi John, There’s a sign in the window saying the restaurant is “closed for renovations” and reopening date is not set. Have you heard anything else? Hope they … Continue reading
Burger King at 3707 State Street was dethroned last July and fast-food chain Chick-fil-A opened at that address today. Chick-fil-A is the nation’s second largest quick-service chicken restaurant chain with more than $3.58 billion in sales in 2010. The eatery … Continue reading
A periodic food event named Dishcrawl has begun touring the South Coast. At Dishcrawl’s events ticket-holders visit four restaurants in one night, sampling each restaurant’s specialties and meeting the chefs or owners. It’s like a pub crawl but with food … Continue reading
Owners Jeff Appareti, Andrew Elia and Geoff Jensen have launched the Genuine Bread Company with a tag line of “Bread Worth Breaking.” The products can be currently found at C’est Cheese, Goodland Kitchen and other places across the South Coast.
Reader Steve tells me that Isabella’s Gourmet Foods, a boutique artisinal grocery, is coming to 5 E. Figueroa Street (in La Arcada Court). Here is a description from their web site: “Isabella Gourmet Foods is Santa Barbara’s whimsical answer to … Continue reading
This just in from reader Brian: Hi John, I’m not sure if you’re aware, but I stopped by New China restaurant [at 5764 Hollister Avenue] in old town Goleta expecting to get some Chinese food on my lunch break and … Continue reading
Marsha Matanick, manager at vegan restaurant Adama, 428 Chapala Street, tells me that the eatery is now completely gluten free.
At the end of February local chef Brian Parks, formerly of Coast restaurant, launches a new food truck named “Georgia’s Smokehouse,” based at 3400 Calle Real in Goleta. I am told they specialize in Southern Smokehouse BBQ and American Comfort … Continue reading
A new food truck named “Sam Choy’s Pineapple Express” has rolled into the South Coast. Here is a message from their web site: “Aloha, mainlanders! Welcome to Sam Choy’s Pineapple Express, the first rolling restaurants to bring the food of … Continue reading
After a month of renovation Eladio’s restaurant has reopened at 1 State Street. For more information call 963-4466.