SY KITCHEN COMING TO SANTA YNEZ

Mike and Kathie Gordon, the owners of Toscana restaurant and Bar Toscana in Brentwood, are planning to open a two-story SY Kitchen (or perhaps “SYK“) at 1110 Faraday Street in downtown Santa Ynez. Bar Toscana chef Luca Crestanelli will oversee a menu of Californian-Italian cuisine and the wine list. Meal prices will be $30 and under. The first floor will feature a patio, dining room, bar, and open kitchen. The upstairs will be used for wine storage and a private tasting room. The eatery is currently scheduled to open in April. Thanks to reader Steve for the tip.

8 Responses to SY KITCHEN COMING TO SANTA YNEZ

1. Christine! says:

This is great news, but what a terrible location……this is a brand new building (+) with a view of a rental house and a view of a used car lot that sits behind a gas station…..Of course this has nothing to do with the quality of the food, but of all the spots in the Valley- this is what they chose? It was originally built hoping a coffee shop/bakery would be parked there…..Good Luck!

2. Michael says:

I hope this restaurant is successful because SYV needs
    restaurants! However, Italian does not seem like the appropriate
    fit for Santa Ynez as Grappolo already has the market on lockdown,
    at least with the locals. The space looks really really nice,
    which, alone has the potential to draw people to the restaurant. I
    will definitely give this place a fair shot and will try it
    multiple times over the course of a few months before drawing any
    conclusions. Best of luck!

3. Izzy says:

Mike & Kathie, first let me welcome you to the Santa Ynez valley. You have made a grea businees choice to come to the valley. I look forward to dinning at your establishment and also, hopefully doing some business with you. FirstStreet Creative is a local web design Co geared to help local businesses get the best out of their websites. Please check out our web site, we would love to colaborate with you in any future projects.

Best of Luck

4. chris seltzer says:

David and I were blown away by the excellent…..food and
    service tonight! We are locals and we will bring our family and
    friends to experience Italy in our backyard. We wish you the best
    of luck with the SY Kitchen.

5. I’m returning to the Valley after a month’s absence and
    cannot WAIT to go to SYK. My friends say it’s fantastic. So open
    and friendly it feels like a club, the warmth and hospitality of
    the Gordons are apparently infectious. I do see Christine’s point
    about the view, but heck it’s a small town and that’s part of the
    charm. It’s also convenient and easy for visitors to find when it’s
    right in town.

• Christine! says:

since my post- all I have heard are wonderful things about the food! Lots of great food photos going around, and wonderful things being spoken about the food. Glad to hear it!

6. doug taub says:

I just moved here a week ago, remodeling my house in Los Alamos and I cant tell you how much the announcement of a Toscana here in the valley put a smile on my face. Congratulations! I may try it out this evening.

7. Jackie Kalina says:

We went to the santa ynez Kitchen yesterday for the second time. It was a terrible dining experience not because of the food but because of the service. We arrived at 6:45 PM and did not get out of the restaurant until 10:00 PM. We had to wait at least 10 minutes to receive our glasses for the wine. We ordered our appetizers they did not come for at least an hour and our server asked what we would like to have for entrée. We said well we have not even gotten our appetizer yet but proceeded to order. In retrospect I wish we would have gotten up and left the restaurant. The food was good but not worth the wait. From start to finish it took over three hours and this would be fine if you were eating and relaxing eating relaxing! I have talked to other people in the valley who also had similar experiences it seems the server wants you to order your appetizer and your entrée all at once. What ever happened to the customer is always right. We definitely need more fine dining restaurants in the valley but this one does not qualify.