Here are the winners of the SantaBarbara.com Restaurant Guide online poll. Survey participants considered 100 different food & drink categories.
A few items of interest:
- “Best Overall Restaurant” for the second year in a row is Bouchon.
- Cielito received the most votes for “Best New Restaurant.”
- Harry’s Plaza Cafe received the most awards (first place or finalist) with 6. Bouchon and Opal had the second-most awards with 5 each. Brophy Bros., Eureka Burger and Hollister Brewing Co. each received awards in 4 categories.
- Eureka Burger made quite an impression on Santa Barbara diners. The Paseo Nuevo eatery, which opened just last September, beat The Habit for title of “Best Burger Place.” The Habit held that title for the last 5 years in a row. Eureka Burger was also voted “Best American Restaurant” and was the finalist for “Best New Restaurant.”
- Hollister Brewing Co. finally broke Z’s Tap House 6-year winning streak for “Best Beer Selection on Tap.”
- Carr Winery swept both winery categories, having received the most votes for “Best Santa Barbara County Winery” and “Best Tasting Room.”
- Speaking of wine, owner Mitchell Sjerven seems to know a thing or two about the subject. His Wine Cask restaurant was awarded “Best Restaurant Wine List” and his Bouchon eatery was the finalist.