NEW MANAGEMENT

This just in from reader Brian:

Hi John, I’m not sure if you’re aware, but I stopped by New China restaurant [at 5764 Hollister Avenue] in old town Goleta expecting to get some Chinese food on my lunch break and it looks like the restaurant is under new management/ownership. They’ve changed their menu and now serve Mongolian style BBQ and Japanese entrees such as Teriyaki flavored dishes.

8 Responses to NEW MANAGEMENT

1. SL says:

Does this mean no more Pho?

2. Christine says:

No more Pho. I think they have one Kimchi pho offering but no thank you. :-( Does anyone have info on the nice family that owned it for so long? I went in one week for my usual weekly Pho and they didn’t mention anything. Came back a week later and they were gone.

Old place never did it for me, Saigon Noodle House has good Pho. Did they keep the same name?

4. sygyzy says:

Do they still have Bim Bim Bop?

5. Liz says:

They still have bi bim bap and a few other Korean dishes.
    Thank goodness!

6. Liz says:

As of last night they still have bi bim bap.

7. wendy says:

We ordered from there tonight. I had a feeling that something was wrong. The website was gone, the menu was completely different, the prices were higher and they now charge $4 for delivery! We always look forward to Chinese food leftovers but the portions were so small that I had to make extras from home to feed us all. My guess is that it will be closed in no time if this is going to be the way they operate.

8. alex says:

Tried the bibimbap, not the same. New owners are nice, but the food is completely different. I wish someone could update us on the family, I do miss them and wish them well.