- Gerald Bostock on WILDWOOD KITCHEN COMING TO HALEY STREET
- Jeremy on WILDWOOD KITCHEN COMING TO HALEY STREET
- Rex Of SB on WILDWOOD KITCHEN COMING TO HALEY STREET
- SL on WILDWOOD KITCHEN COMING TO HALEY STREET
- Roberto on WILDWOOD KITCHEN COMING TO HALEY STREET
- Rex Of SB on WILDWOOD KITCHEN COMING TO HALEY STREET
- John Dickson on WILDWOOD KITCHEN COMING TO HALEY STREET
- Cliff Maher on WILDWOOD KITCHEN COMING TO HALEY STREET
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- Stella Mare's - Enjoy cocktails, wine and casual French Country cuisine in a unique and charming location overlooking the Bird Refuge.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: February 2013
Mike and Kathie Gordon, the owners of Toscana restaurant and Bar Toscana in Brentwood, are planning to open a two-story SY Kitchen (or perhaps “SYK“) at 1110 Faraday Street in downtown Santa Ynez. Bar Toscana chef Luca Crestanelli will oversee … Continue reading
A new restaurant named Kaptain’s Firehouse BBQ has opened at 6545 Pardall Road in Isla Vista. The eatery offers chili, tri-tip, sliders, sandwiches, pulled pork, baby back ribs and a veggie burger. The BBQ is always grilled with mesquite wood … Continue reading
Noozhawk is reporting that owner Paul Dargan has purchased the Dargan’s Pub & Restaurant building at 18 E. Ortega Street that he has been operating since 1997. The purchase price was $2.9 million.
If you can help reader Natalie please leave a message in the blog. Hi there! I just heard a rumor that there is going to be a Menudo Festival at Franklin School on March 23rd to benefit the Santa Barbara … Continue reading
This just in from reader Charlotte: So today I drove by Ye Olde Butcher Shoppe [at 4317 State Street], which became a deli and is now Ye Olde Deli and Thai…..say what!!?? Are they competing with Eller’s Donut Shop next … Continue reading
Readers Mike and Ray let me know that The New Black BBQ food truck, that opened for business in November 2011, has stopped serving the Santa Barbara market and hopes to reopen in Los Angeles. Here is a message The New … Continue reading
Plow to Porch Organics, presently located at 3204 State Street, will be adding a second location at Patterson Plus Self-Storage, 5329 Calle Real near Patterson Avenue. Plow to Porch provides a local organic/pesticide free produce delivery service to members who … Continue reading
This just in from reader Pam: I saw out of the corner of my eye – and didn’t double-track to see more clearly because it was raining – but something is afoot at 1129 State – where Nu used to … Continue reading
Ahead of this Sunday’s Academy Awards, here are links to some pictures and videos that I shot during the Santa Barbara International Film Festival. Ben Affleck: 20 photos + video Sally Field and Daniel Day-Lewis: 49 photos + video Amy Adams: 44 … Continue reading
Award-winning pizzaiolo and executive chef Glenn Cybulski along with chef, founder and president Joseph Baumel have opened Persona Neapolitan Pizzeria at 905 State Street in Santa Barbara, formerly The Taj Café. Baumel tells me that their Neapolitan style (thin crust) … Continue reading
Here are the winners of the SantaBarbara.com Restaurant Guide online poll. Survey participants considered 100 different food & drink categories. Click here for The Best of 2013 A few items of interest: “Best Overall Restaurant” for the second year in … Continue reading
This just in from reader DN: Hi John- There’s a new food truck in the area that I don’t believe you’ve reported on yet (& it hasn’t been added to your food truck list) that your readers may be interested … Continue reading
I might be wrong but it is looking like Santa Barbara’s mobile gourmet O Street Truck, which launched in April 2011, is no longer in business. Here are the clues: They do not respond to my emails (perhaps they are … Continue reading
If you have any leads for Walter please leave a message in the blog. Good day, My name is Walter. I am a well “seasoned” Chef and I am looking to relocate to Santa Barbara in the very near future, … Continue reading
This just in from owner Jeff Lauer at Wahoo’s Fish Taco, 511 State Street: Hi John, I wanted to let your readers know that Wahoo’s has started doing Taco Tuesday at our 511 State Street location (plenty of free parking … Continue reading
This just in from reader Alex: As a regular at Arnoldi’s [600 Olive Street] I’ve heard that the legendary bartender, Willy Gilbert, will be coming back to work at Arnoldi’s on the 25th of February. He’s been out for three … Continue reading
This just in from Anacapa Vintner’s which opened a wine tasting room in the Funk Zone on February 11th: The new Anacapa Vintner’s tasting room at 116 E.Yanonali is totally cool! The 30 foot long hand drawn chalk board map of … Continue reading
The Restaurant Gal and I enjoyed a nice lunch today at Spa Cafe at the Bacara Resort. It was my first time to visit. We tried a variety of dishes including the Grilled Herb-Crusted Naan Bread, Ahi Tuna Tartare, Edamame … Continue reading
Owner’s Tom & Vicki Dolan are opening Toma Restaurant & Bar, at 324 West Cabrillo Boulevard, the former site of Emilio’s Restaurant which closed last April. The food will focus on Italian Mediterranean inspired dishes using ingredients from local farms … Continue reading
As you might be able to see I added some buttons to the Restaurant Guy blog today which makes it easy to share news stories via email or Facebook. I’m not sure if the buttons will stay because they do … Continue reading
Sources tell me that Sojourner Cafe, 134 E. Canon Perdido Street, is now offering gluten-free bread. It is baked in-house, just like all their desserts.
Reader Bob recently discovered a local restaurant that I had never heard of (and that rarely happens): Hey John – How this one slipped under my radar for so long is a little bewildering since it’s 2 blocks from my … Continue reading
This just in from husband and wife owners Marisa Moran and Patrick Casey: John, Welcome back, we are glad to hear you are well rested and fully recovered. I wanted to send you an update on the dinner status at … Continue reading
This just in from reader Valerie: Hi John, Not sure if you saw that the drive up coffee shop, Twin Cups [5329 Calle Real] is now closed. There is a sign on the kiosk saying something about Plow to Porch … Continue reading
If you think you can help Daniela please leave a message in the blog. Hi, I have been trying to find info on a restaurant , half a block from State, that use to serve soup and bread at lunch … Continue reading
Sources tell me that Book Ends Cafe will be opening soon at 602 Anacapa Street in downtown Santa Barbara, upstairs at Antioch University
This just in from the Bacara Resort: The Spa at Bacara launches new Spa Café menu The Spa at Bacara, recognized as one of the finest spas in the world, is further enhancing its wellness experience with a new dining … Continue reading
I stopped by to check out the status of some restaurants on De La Vina Street and here is my report: Los Agaves, coming to 2911 De La Vina Street (formerly Jake’s), appears to be ready to start remodeling. I … Continue reading
Reader Steve tells me that East Beach Wines in La Arcada Court is now closed after having a retirement sale. Their phone number is disconnected.