SAGE & ONION OPENS IN GOLETA

This just in from owner Steven Giles:

John,

We are now OPEN at Sage & Onion Cafe… Monday -Saturday 8-5

We also offer a program called “From our Kitchen to Yours” fresh made daily meals ready to take home and give you a stress free evening and night off from cooking dinner all at an affordable price of $9.99

sageandonion.com

(805) 845-4134

Xocoffeeandteabar.com

(805) 899-2462

5599 Hollister Ave, located in the Historic Kellogg Square adjacent to the Toyota Dealership.

Cheers John,

And speedy recovery..

Steven Giles

11 Responses to SAGE & ONION OPENS IN GOLETA

Just looked at their menu while trying XO, looks like good stuff! Apparently Seagrass was Sage and Onion before so these owners are opening Sage and Onion once again. They are two separate restaurants(xo and sage) next to each other. Nice atmosphere/food options to both.

2. Charlotte says:

We really liked the old S&O. We are so excited to try the new place. I’m wondering, why no dinner service?

3. Mimi says:

We dropped by Sage and Onion Cafe not knowing what was on the breakfast menu. As we pulled into the parking lot, we were greeted by the smell of delicious meats slow roasting in a smoker. We were greeted by the friendly staff. We only saw the lunch menu on the wall so we asked about breakfast. The girl who was helping us grabbed Steven Giles (the Chef). He let us know he had Croissant sandwiches, English Sausages in pastry and breakfast burritos…then he paused and said “or…I can make you Huevos Rancheros, I think I have tortillas…mmmmm…I have flour tortillas, will that be ok? These huevos rancheros are good, they come with a sauce that you will have to eat with a spoon”. My Boyfriend immediately ordered the huevos rancheros, when the Chef saw me pause, he told me I would regret not ordering them once I saw my Boyfriend’s plate. How could I say no? I did not regret my choice. The Huevos Rancheros were crispy flour tortillas with two perfectly fried eggs on top, a ladle of delicious tomatillo sauce and homemade pinto beans. Delicious! I also had a not so sweet peach muffin and really good coffee.

I am excited to go back next week for lunch to try some of the smoked meat and poultry on a sandwich or salad. The prices were reasonable, nothing seems to be over $10 which is amazing for the made from scratch quality of the food

I hope Sage and Onion does well, we can really use a good quality cafe in Goleta

4. fabe g says:

My wife and I just had lunch here for the first time. It was awesome! The food was excellent, I had the special(bbq chix and tri tip) and my wife had the turkey on focaccia. Great prices for Goleta! Friendly staff and owner. Definiteley will be back!!

5. Christine says:

What an informational website! Not. I assume this is now where Deli Planet was? Any more info?

6. Charlotte says:

The website is from 2002 when the S&O was fine dining, downtown. Why no S&O CURRENT menu for the current cafe in Goleta? I would like to know about the here and now on the website.

7. Charlotte says:

Glen…you are so fabulous. Thanks for the web info! Why I couldn’t find it is anybody’s guess. Cheers:)

8. Christine says:

Ahhh. New restaurant blues. When will owners simply take the time to educate their staff? I see this over and over again in SB. Went a week ago for chicken ceasar salad, I was impressed by the roasted chicken, moist and flavorful, and the croutons which were a mix of bread types. Today went for the Johnny B Skinny sandwich. The gal taking orders didn’t know if it came only as a half size, I asked as it’s advertised as just 240 calories. She told me it was her first day. The menu has something like 8 sandwiches total. What keeps the calories so low? Well, it won’t be due to the three pieces of provolone cheese that mine came with, unadvertised. Gosh, I guess the kitchen staff isn’t educated either. What a shame. Small mistakes I know, but having uneducated staff is such a peeve of mine. If you want your business to grow and be successful, if you (owner I’m talking to you) aren’t around, you need to make 100% sure that your employees aren’t doing you a disservice. Take the extra time and teach them. Should be easy with just 8 sandwiches!

• Steven Giles says:

Hi Christine, I am sorry for the unfortunate situation last
      Monday. Please come in and see me and I will make sure all you
      questions are answered. Thank you for you’re feedback Chef Steven
      (owner)

9. Sandi says:

Went Saturday for lunch and had the roasted chicken sandwich…very good. We had the Thai beef salad also which was good but could have been a little more flavorful; I didn’t taste much mint or cilantro. The young lady at the counter was very sweet and helpful.