HOFFMAN’S

This just in from reader Mica:

Hi John,
I just walked by the old Snack Shack [at 801 State Street] and it looks like a German eatery has subleased it. Hoffmans Brats. Check it out.
Mica

13 Responses to HOFFMAN’S

1. Sandi says:

I thought it was going to be called Josie’s.

2. Ryan says:

I can see it now…brats served in hamburger buns!

3. aug says:

oh no sounds like they took american phillys – little cantinas idea of hotdogs in hamburger buns

4. Charlotte says:

If they serve German bier on tap and have authentic German street food…they’ll kill it. The tourists will love it and if it’s good, the locals will keep coming back. There is a HUGE void in German eats in this town since Gisella retired and sold The European Deli!

5. lemonjelly says:

I could have used a roasted brat with mustard, or a currywurst as some tasty street food during this cold spell. Great memories of Christmastime in Germany some years back. Bring it on!

6. Amanda says:

this is great news! prima!

7. VT says:

That little Brat hole in the wall (literally), behind Blue Agave has great Brats…

8. Derrick says:

Are you kidding me!!!! This place is such an offensive ripoff of Wurstküche in Los Angeles . How shameless at least change the menu font and come up with your own tag line .

9. Charlotte says:

Wurstkuche is a cool place (in my old Venice hood). I guess if you’re going to rip a place off….they picked a good one and It’s a lot closer than Venice! The question is…is it successful ripoff? Good food and bier?

10. Ryan Lee says:

I have been here and they have great service, a decent beer selection, a variety of exotic brats, and an assortment of mustards to choose from. I recommend a visit. In fact I shall go there this evening.