AMERICAN PHILLY COMING TO COTA

Rumor has it that owners of the recently-opened and recently-closed Little Cantina at 14 E. Cota Street are going to launch new concept in March called American Philly. Their web site is americanphilly.com

6 Responses to AMERICAN PHILLY COMING TO COTA

1. Chris says:

Is this their 3rd or 4th concept try? I am losing count. I can’t wait for an Californian/Asian concept next time around.

2. Chris says:

True, they would at least stay in business for 2-3 months at least.

3. julibelleSB says:

Perhaps that street is already well served. I would love to see a place that offers food first and not as a way to justifiy the liquor license….I know, I know that liquor sales are what make so many places possible but wouldn’t it be nice if simple, truly well prepared food could lead the business concept….?

4. Bob says:

I have to say in defense of these guys, they have usually done a very good job with food. For some reason they can’t execute a whole package that ‘works’ though. El Taco Tequila had excellent food, the food at Union Ale is actually pretty good, and when Matt(?) owned Cities BBQ on Milpas it was excellent (true, Cities was positively awful for the last couple years it was there, but they had sold out by then).

With all these failed concepts though, I have to wonder if these guys live under a money tree. Hope the is next version is a success, but I’ve never been a fan of Philly cheesesteaks, which is what I assume this means.

• sygyzy says:

Wait, there was a time when Cities BBQ was “good”? I don’t know when this was because I went when it first opened and it was terrible. I don’t remember if I went back.

What I want to know is how these guys keep coming up with money to fund these failed projects. It’s seriously impressive.

5. Christine says:

John, your link goes to American Ale (on my iPhone). Is that a mistake? Or are they changing American Ale? I’m confused.