- Bob on SANTA YNEZ BURRITO COMING TO ISLA VISTA
- Gerald Bostock on THE GOBBLE SONG
- Gerald Bostock on THE GOBBLE SONG
- Quiet Dog on KOGILICIOUS CLOSES
- Ted on SANTA YNEZ BURRITO COMING TO ISLA VISTA
- Mike on THE DRUNKEN CRAB TO OPEN DOWNTOWN
- Ted on RUMOR MACHINE
- Gerald Bostock on THE DRUNKEN CRAB TO OPEN DOWNTOWN
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: January 2013
The Restaurant Guy is changing his name to “The Rest Guy” for at least the next week, perhaps longer. He’ll be on medical leave because of an injury that occurred over the weekend and won’t be updating the blog for … Continue reading
This just in from owner Steven Giles: John, We are now OPEN at Sage & Onion Cafe… Monday -Saturday 8-5 We also offer a program called “From our Kitchen to Yours” fresh made daily meals ready to take home and … Continue reading
After intense concentration and a wave of my hand over the all-knowing crystal ball, my eatery oracle has revealed a list of locations appearing in your future: American Philly 14 E. Cota St. (formerly Little Cantina) Brasil Arts Café 1230 … Continue reading
This just in from reader Mica: Hi John, I just walked by the old Snack Shack [at 801 State Street] and it looks like a German eatery has subleased it. Hoffmans Brats. Check it out. Mica
Montecito Journal columnist Erin Graffy has posted on Facebook that longtime McConnell’s Ice Cream owner Jim McCoy has died. McConnell’s Fine Ice Creams was founded in 1949 by Gordon F. “Mac” and Ernesteen McConnell, in Santa Barbara. In 1962, with … Continue reading
This just in from the El Encanto hotel which is planning to reopen in March: EL ENCANTO NAMES EXECUTIVE CHEF PATRICE MARTINEAU Highly Anticipated Opening Will Unveil a Culinary Icon on the West Coast SANTA BARBARA, CA (January 9, 2013) … Continue reading
Eladio’s Restaurant at 1 State Street is closed for renovation until January 25th. Thanks to reader Rob for the tip!
Emilio’s Restaurant at 324 W. Cabrillo Boulevard closed April 2012. The official word is that it is a remodel though reliable sources say otherwise. Time will tell. I took this photo today to see how things are coming along.
A little Honduran restaurant, “Cinco Estrellas,” has opened at 316 N. Milpas Street, across from the old Scolari’s. The restaurant is hidden away behind Milpas Liquor and the House of Laundry. It is not on the street so interested diners … Continue reading
Early I posted that Altamirano’s at 422 N. Milpas Street had closed. That was incorrect. They were closed for renovations and have since reopened.
Reader Sandy is looking for a place that does NOT have a special Valentine’s Day menu on February 14th. If you have any suggestions please leave a comment. Dear John, I’m as much a fan of Valentine’s day as the … Continue reading
Here is a list of local food & drink destinations that have closed in the last year: December 2012: Little Cantina, 14 E. Cota St.; Open Cup, 728 State St.; Sizzler Restaurant, 5555 Hollister Ave., Goleta; Whodelicious, 811 State St. … Continue reading
Zia Café closed at 532 State St. in early 2011. Reader Mike tells me that he spoke with a guy working on the old Zia and was told that a new place will be opening there soon but the owner … Continue reading
Rumor has it that owners of the recently-opened and recently-closed Little Cantina at 14 E. Cota Street are going to launch new concept in March called American Philly. Their web site is americanphilly.com
Several readers tell me that Little Cantina, which opened at 14 E. Cota Street in late November, closed on December 30th. I am told there is a closed sign on the door, that their web site is down and that all … Continue reading
Here is a list of food & drink destinations that have opened in the last year: December 2012: Anchor Woodfire Kitchen, 119 State St.; iGrill Korean, BBQ 3132 State St.; Rori’s Artisanal Creamery, 1024 Coast Village Rd., Montecito; XO Coffee … Continue reading
Chef Jason Tuley has announced the opening of Anchor Woodfire Kitchen at 119 State Street. After successful restaurant openings in Los Angeles, San Francisco & Santa Barbara, Chef Tuley, has created the opportunity to provide properly crafted wood fire dishes. … Continue reading