Merry Christmas! Because this is December 25th I thought I would let you in on a little-known secret: an optical illusion that today I’ll officially coin “Rincon Santa.” This effect, that happens on the South Coast right near Mussel Shoals, makes it appear that Santa’s sleigh and reindeer are coming in for a landing. To see Rincon Santa you need to be driving northbound on the 101 freeway at NIGHT. As you approach Mussel Shoals, over the ocean you will see Rincon Island and the Richfield pier which is lined with lights. To the left and above the island you will see a series of lighted offshore oil rigs far off in the distance. At night time, as you drive north toward Mussel Shoals, the rigs can appear to some to be a sleigh and reindeer that fly through the sky then suddenly race along the pier. Rincon Santa is a cool sight to see and it happens year round.
- William Munny on DOWNTOWN PANERA BREAD CLOSES
- Barry on DOWNTOWN PANERA BREAD CLOSES
- Jes on CLOSURES AT SB PUBLIC MARKET?
- Edwin Self on FAVORITE CLOSED RESTAURANTS
- Cathy on SHALHOOB PATIO UPDATE
- Mark on DOWNTOWN PANERA BREAD CLOSES
- Allan on CORAZON COCINA OPENING IN MONTECITO
- Christine! on CORAZON COCINA OPENING IN MONTECITO
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- Stella Mare's - Enjoy cocktails, wine and casual French Country cuisine in a unique and charming location overlooking the Bird Refuge.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.