AN OCTOBER SURPRISE

October 2012 was one for the record books. For the first time since I began tracking restaurant & coffee shop statistics back in 2005 the number of South Coast businesses opening (or reopening in a new, larger location) in a single month reached double digits. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.

The ten new dining locations are:  Angry Wings, 6530 Pardall Rd., Isla Vista; French Press, 528 Anacapa St.; Good Cup, 918 State St.; Hana Kitchen, 6558 Pardall Rd., Isla Vista; Itsuki Restaurant, 7127 Hollister Ave., Goleta; Pickle and Swiss, 811 State St.; Pizza My Heart, 6533 Trigo Rd., Isla Vista; Relais de Paris, 734 State St.; The French Table, 129 E. Anapamu St.; The Habit, 888 Embarcadero del Norte, Isla Vista.

6 Responses to AN OCTOBER SURPRISE

1. Eui says:

Hi john.

We love reading all your updates. Keep it coming.

Wanted to let you know that my wife and I are opening our second Yogurtland location in Goleta spring 2013. Right in our neighborhood.
    Customers can follow us on Facebook Yogurtland Goleta and Yogurtland Santa Barbara for updates.

2. Tony says:

Isla Vista is on fire!

3. Lil Rudy says:

We experienced the exact same thing at Angry Wings. I had their BBQ Pulled Pork and I couldn’t even finish it. Onion rings were frozen, pork was disgusting, all on a smashed bun and with a over staffed kitchen it took 20 minutes for my friend to get his 6 wings.

4. Geoff says:

Angry Wings and Hana Kitchen will be gone in a year.

5. Lily says:

Itsuki really need to hire a hostess. They don’t have one right now, and its up to whim of the servers and cashiers. People line up at the door even when the dinning room is only 2/3 full.

6. Charlotte says:

I had a nice, constructive chat with the young owner…he hasn’t a clue re: restaurant business. I really hope he hires a consultant to help them out, they are making sooo many mistakes. It breaks my heart to see this.