Owner Michael Stinchfield was close to opening Santa Barbara Bar and Grill at 416 State Street, the former home of Sharkeez. That all changed on November 3rd when he was arrested and charged with sexual assault, a hate crime and other offenses. Stinchfield is behind bars in the Santa Barbara County Jail without bail. In September he was arrested after an hour-long police chase through rush-hour traffic on a Los Angeles freeway. The chase extended more than 50 miles and reached 100 mph at times. The same day as his most-recent arrest 416 State Street was listed as available for lease on Craig’s List. Thanks to reader Jeff for the tip.
- barry on RED KETTLE COFFEE OPENS IN SUMMERLAND
- preserveSB on BLUEWATER GRILL COMING TO CABRILLO
- LoFiGirl on MAC’S FISH & CHIP SHOP CLOSES, WILL BECOME HANA KITCHEN
- Ken A. on MAC’S FISH & CHIP SHOP CLOSES, WILL BECOME HANA KITCHEN
- Josh on NIKKA RAMEN OPENS
- David W on MAC’S FISH & CHIP SHOP CLOSES, WILL BECOME HANA KITCHEN
- Chessie on MAC’S FISH & CHIP SHOP CLOSES, WILL BECOME HANA KITCHEN
- Margee Yeager on MAC’S FISH & CHIP SHOP CLOSES, WILL BECOME HANA KITCHEN
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.