- Shayre on WINGS CLOSES FOR REMODEL
- VRSPetey on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- VRSPetey on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- Cris on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- Danny on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- N on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- Lily on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- Pamela MacKenzie on TIMBERS CLOSES
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: November 2012
This just in from reader Bruce: John, I walked down State Street a couple of times this week and noticed that the Open Cup Coffee Shop (next to SuperCuts) had a sign saying “Sorry Closed Today”. The closing looks more … Continue reading
Executive Chef Mazeo L. Frazer at iGrill tells me that the launch of his Korean BBQ restaurant at 3132 State Street (formerly Jade) is delayed due to unexpected city red tape. No opening date was given.
Reader Jeff tells me that 730 N. Milpas Street, formerly Taqueria el Refugio, La Chiripita Taqueria, Chili Town, DogHouse, Mexican Grill and Fosters Freeze (in the 1960’s) will open this week as “The Shop.” The new east-side eatery will serve … Continue reading
Reader Primetime tells me that Chase Bank is moving into the former home of Subway, Fantastic Sams and Fosters Freeze at the Mesa shopping center. I am told that Chase is covering the cost of moving Subway and Fantastic Sams … Continue reading
Last February I reported about that Hostess Brands, maker of Twinkies, Ho Ho’s, Suzy Q’s, Ding Dong’s and Wonder Bread, had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Now the company has shut down completely and has begun the process of selling … Continue reading
Reader Mike tells me that construction has started at the new Panera Bread at 700 State Street, the former home of Left At Albuquerque. I broke the news on April 17th about their pending arrival downtown. Panera Bread opened their … Continue reading
Reader Mike tells be that the “for lease” sign at 416 State Street, the former home of Sharkeez, was recently taken down. The sign went up in early November when the owner of Santa Barbara Bar and Grill, who was … Continue reading
Reader Mike tells me that 532 State Street, the former home of Zia Cafe which closed in 2010, is showing signs of work being done on the interior.
The Winehound has completed a move to their new La Cumbre Plaza location at 3849 State Street, across from Macy’s, right between See’s Candy and Chipotle.
The Nugget at 5685 Calle Real in Goleta now offers weekend breakfast specials starting at 11am including Huevos Rancheros, Breakfast Burrito and Breakfast Sandwich served until 2pm.
After intense concentration and a wave of my hand over the all-knowing crystal ball, my eatery oracle has revealed a list of locations appearing in your future: Anchor, 119 State St. (formerly Subway) Brothers Restaurant, 3539 Sagunto St., Santa Ynez … Continue reading
• Adama, 560-1348 • Arlington Tavern, 770-2626 • Ballard Inn Restaurant, 688-7770 • Bella Vista at Four Seasons Biltmore, 969-2261 • Bistro 1111 at Hyatt, 730-1111 • Blush Restaurant and Lounge, 957-1300 • Bouchon, 730-1160 • Ca Dario, 884-9419 • … Continue reading
Since last Thursday The Restaurant Gal and I have been in Texas visiting my childhood friend (and Best Man) named Flip. We went to Cowboys Stadium yesterday for a football game. I should back by Thanksgiving.
The widely-read Zagat Survey of restaurants, now a division of Google, just released their results for 2013 and I had an opportunity to glance at the booklet covering the Santa Barbara region. Zagat only surveyed about 60 local restaurants so … Continue reading
Here are “local’s specials” now available at Holdren’s Steaks & Seafood, 512 State Street in downtown Santa Barbara. All specials include choice of soup or salad and choice of side. Monday: All-You-Can-Eat BBQ Baby Back Ribs for $19.95 Tuesday: 8-ounce Prime … Continue reading
This just in from the CBS network: Hi John, I’m casting a new Baking Competition Series for CBS (based on “The Great British Bake Off”) and I am looking for the best amateur bakers in Southern California! I wanted to … Continue reading
Casa Blanca restaurant at 330 State Street has a “local’s night” every Monday where you receive a 1/2 price dinner entree with local ID (not valid with other offers). Tuesday is all-you-can-eat tacos (with drink purchase) for $7.95 including chicken, … Continue reading
Reader Chris tells me that Cafe Blu at 506 State Street (next to Natural Cafe) has closed their doors. Reader Brendan says there is now a for-lease sign above the door. Cafe Blu opened just last June.
On Sunday, November 18 from 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Girls Inc. at 5315 Foothill Road in Carpinteria will have its first-ever Chili Challenge as part of their annual Taste of Carpinteria fundraiser event. Chili Cook-off contestants will go head … Continue reading
Fresco Cafe in Five Pts. Plaza is holding a fundraiser this Saturday, November 10th to benefit the Red Cross for Hurricane Relief. Between 4 pm to 9pm, 15 % of total revenue will be donated to The American Red Cross … Continue reading
Owners Eui and Amanda Oh tell me that the popular dessert destination Yogurtland just signed a lease at 5880 Calle Real in Goleta, the former home of Blockbuster. They plan to open their second location on the South Coast in … Continue reading
October 2012 was one for the record books. For the first time since I began tracking restaurant & coffee shop statistics back in 2005 the number of South Coast businesses opening (or reopening in a new, larger location) in a … Continue reading
The bakery at Scarlett Begonia will soon move to a separate location on the east side and will be named Deux Bakery. They will specialize in artisan breads, pastries, cakes and pies. The address will be 824 Reddick Street. For … Continue reading
Bistro at the Bacara Resort closed for renovations in September and is currently scheduled to reopen in April of 2013.
Owner Michael Stinchfield was close to opening Santa Barbara Bar and Grill at 416 State Street, the former home of Sharkeez. That all changed on November 3rd when he was arrested and charged with sexual assault, a hate crime and other … Continue reading
Today I added photos for 17 restaurants including Angry Wings, Cafe Blu, Crushcakes Isla Vista, Eureka Burger, Fresh & Easy Market, Good Cup, Hana Kitchen, Hidden Dolphin, Itsuki Restaurant, Maggie’s, On The Alley, Open Cup, Pizza My Heart, Rosales, Snack … Continue reading
A new restaurant named Hana Kitchen has opened at 6558 Pardall Road in Isla Vista, the former home of Fat Mo’s Burgers & Car Wash, Flaming Grill, Fresh Start, and Isla Vista Bakery Cafe. I am told that the menu is “eclectic Asian, … Continue reading
McDonald’s restaurant at 1213 State Street will host a grand reopening of their renovated eatery on November 19th. Improvements include new interior design and lighting, a flat-screen television and free WiFi. There will be an 8:30 a.m. ribbon-cutting event with the … Continue reading
Executive Chef Mazeo L. Frazer tells me that IGrill Korean BBQ at 3132 State Street is planning to have an official opening November 30th with a soft opening possibly happening mid-month. Frazer says: “We have completed the kitchen remodel and … Continue reading