LEMON FESTIVAL

For the past 20 years, the California Lemon Festival has been the biggest celebration in the Goleta area and it takes place again this year October 13 (10am-6pm) & 14 (10am-5pm), 2012 You’ll find food, a family atmosphere, a variety of entertainment, pie-eating contests and arts and crafts vendors. The event also includes the Goleta Fall Classic Car and Street Rod Show and a ‘Safety Street.’ The festival is held at Girsh Park between Santa Felicia Drive and Phelps Road (behind Home Depot). The freeway exit is Storke Road. For more information visit lemonfestival.com.

6 Responses to LEMON FESTIVAL

1. Amanda says:

Yay! I have bought the lemon cotton candy there for the past 3 years. The lemon ice cream by McConnell’s is good, but you can buy it at their store w/a smaller line.

2. Mike says:

This is a great festival for the family! Years ago, it was held at Stow House / Lake Los Carneros. Towards the end of the festival I approached the ladies that were selling the pies. For a free pie I told them that they could smash one in my face…they did, and I got a free pie…all over my face. GOOD TIMES!!!!

3. shebeest says:

Anna’s Bakery’s lemon pie is fantastic! Thanks for the reminder.

4. N says:

There have been less and less food vendors at the Lemon Festival each year for the past few years. I remember when it was at the Stow House, the Sweet Adelines used to have a booth selling lemon cake each year, but when it switched over to Girsh Park, they never came.

Same thing seems to be happening to various food festivals around town. We went to the newly returned French Festival at Oak Park this year are were disappointed at how few food vendors there were.

• Whirl says:

I agree and also a lack of local vendors, I used to love to go to Stowe House and support local schools and activities, that’s not who you find at Girsh. I’m sure it allows for more people, but I really miss the intimate setting at Stowe House & the Goleta Depot. So much so that I haven’t gone the last year or two.

• Glenn says:

Yeah it was sparse. But at least it was something, they had the kids stuff, band and lemon themed items but yeah not sure if I’m going to be going back unless I happen to be around there. Maybe it was different Saturday, at lot of vendors go down to Cabrillo on Sunday to catch the tourists down there. It was nice to have though as an option, not as intimate as Stow true.