ITSUKI UPDATE

I stopped by Itsuki restaurant at 7127 Hollister Avenue in Goleta (formerly Baja Fresh) and it appears that construction is nearly complete. There are a lot of new tables outside on the patio ready to be moved indoors. In today’s Santa Barbara Independent they have an advertisement that says they have already moved here from their 4020 Calle Real location. I called the Calle Real eatery and the number is now disconnected so I am assuming it is now closed.

11 Responses to ITSUKI UPDATE

1. Fay says:

YUM – and almost soup weather!!!

2. Fay says:

Almost time for soup weather!

3. SL says:

The transformation of ordering counter to sushi bar looks pretty slick. I hope they do well it’s a huge space, Goleta better be hungry. They are the only game in town for real ramen as far as I know.

4. Lily says:

Can’t wait. Its an awesome addition to the culinary wasteland out in Goleta.

5. Huyen says:

Wow, that is a huge transformation in comparison to their current location. Yes, I think they are the only Japanese restaurant that serves ramen. Not as well made as I’ve had in LA, but it does the trick when you are craving it. They should also add egg to their ramen..just a personal opinion.

6. David says:

I’m coming here every week!

7. Charlotte says:

I had Ramen at Sushi Teri in Goleta, just last week and It was delicious! When I asked the waiter to describe the dish to me …..the young waiter responded, “well its like a fancy Top Ramen”. What a scream! It was not to my delight.

8. sbdude says:

Looks like they did a decent job of converting what was otherwise a typical Baja Fresh restaurant to something classier. Can’t wait to try it when they open.

9. lemonjelly says:

Sorry to see the Itsuki people leave my neighborhood, but excited for this new space for them. It looks beautiful. I won’t even need to watch Tampopo to work myself into a ramen frenzy beforehand.