- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- Stella Mare's - Enjoy cocktails, wine and casual French Country cuisine in a unique and charming location overlooking the Bird Refuge.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: October 2012
Tracy Hill will be signing her new book Delightfully Free on Saturday November 3rd at Savoy Cafe & Deli 24 W. Figueroa Street 12:30 PM to 8:30 PM. Delightfully Free is a gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free cookbook of 141 … Continue reading
El Taco Tequila Taqueria, which opened at 14 E. Cota Street in June 2011 (replacing Square One restaurant), has closed their doors. The owners will instead try a new concept named Little Cantina with an all-new menu. Thank you to … Continue reading
Angry Wings restaurant has opened at 6530 Pardall Road in Isla Vista, the former home of Chino’s Rock & Tacos, Eclectic I.V., China Garden and Kung Pao Kitchen. The eatery offers Buffalo Wings, boneless wings, burgers, sandwiches, salads, wraps, root … Continue reading
Outback Steakhouse reigned supreme on October 28th at the 3rd Annual Santa Barbara Chowder Fest held at the Montecito Country Club. Chuck’s Waterfront Grill won the People’s Choice award. Proceeds from this event benefit Legal Aid Foundation of Santa Barbara County. … Continue reading
Here is a press release from Chuck’s Waterfront Grill at 113 Harbor Way: CHUCKS WATERFRONT, ENDLESS SUMMER GARNER CHOWDER FEST AWARDS Local restaurants win People’s Choice Award at weekend event Santa Barbara, Calif. – October 29, 2012 – Chuck’s Waterfront … Continue reading
Silvergreens (791 Chapala Street, and 900 Embarcadero Del Mar, Isla Vista) has just introduced 3 new homemade cookies to their menu: PB & J (peanut butter & strawberry jam, 200 calorie, gluten free & vegan), Snickerdoodle (100 calorie) and Blueberry … Continue reading
Enterprise Fish Company at 225 State Street has been serving customers for 35 years. To celebrate they plan to roll prices back to where they were in 1977. Here is a press-release about it: ENTERPRISE FISH COMPANY CELEBRATES 35 YEARS … Continue reading
This just in from State & Fig, 1114 State Street: Good morning John, It looks as if we have good weather on our side! After a couple of successful test runs, State and Fig will begin our full service Brunch … Continue reading
Intermezzo at 813 Anacapa Street has expanded the bar-café by opening a wall to the adjoining Riviera Private Dining Room. The eatery also has a newly appointed Chef Nik Ramirez.
The Gobble Song is a Thanksgiving tradition from Santa Barbara’s popular band Spencer the Gardener. As it turns out The Restaurant Guy also has a Thanksgiving tradition. Each November my email inbox is swamped with the same question: Which restaurants … Continue reading
The popular Los Agaves restaurant at 600 N. Milpas Street, which just won the 2012 Santa Barbara Independent award for Best Mexican Restaurant, is in discussions with property owners to open a second location at 2911 De La Vina Street, the … Continue reading
The second location of the French Press coffee house opened at 528 Anacapa Street on October 10th. The original opened at 1101 State Street in July 2009 and quickly won awards around town including in last week’s Santa Barbara Independent … Continue reading
Reader Dawn let me know that Epic Bowl in Paseo Nuevo has closed their doors. I stopped by and saw that their sign is gone from the outside of the building and all of the interior fixtures have been removed. … Continue reading
Reader Cris let me know that the newest Habit Burger Grill has opened at 888 Embarcadero del Norte in Isla Vista, the former home of Dogtown. Isla Vista has experienced a restaurant resurgence of late. In the last year eatery openings … Continue reading
Here are pictures from the Sensational Seafood event last night at Ty Warner Sea Center, brought to you by the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History.
Over twenty restaurants both local and from out of town will compete for Santa Barbara Chowder Champ on October 28, noon -4 p.m. at the Montecito Country Club in Food & Home Magazine’s 3rd Annual Santa Barbara Chowder Fest. Judges … Continue reading
I just completed an overhaul of the SantaBarbara.com Calendar for the first time in many years. The text is easier to read, items are bulleted, each day is divided into sections, and the upload image size is now 2MB instead … Continue reading
A new organic cold-pressed juice shop named Juice Ranch is coming to 33 Parker Way, next to Lilly’s Taqueria. Here is a message posted on their web site juiceranch.com: Hey everyone! We are very excited to share our process with … Continue reading
Owner Lilia Ladjelate from Marseilles, France opened her new restaurant Le Relais de Paris on October 3rd at 734 State Street, the long-time home of Ruby’s Cafe & Spirits Lounge. The eatery is the newest location in a string of … Continue reading
October 24 is Food Day which is a nationwide celebration and a movement for healthy, affordable and sustainable food. Gerri French, registered dietitian at Sansum Clinic, will share information on dining out healthfully in Santa Barbara to reduce risk of … Continue reading
This just in from reader Matt: John: On my way downtown I noticed the windows of the space formerly occupied by Ultimate Bagels [at 1226 State Street] were all papered over and a peek inside revealed it has been totally … Continue reading
Pizza My Heart opened on October 13th at 6533 Trigo Road in Isla Vista. The restaurant is open for dine-in, take-out, and delivery. Hours are Sunday – Thursday 11:00 a.m. – midnight and Friday – Saturday 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 … Continue reading
The French Table “gastropub and creperie” has opened at 129 E. Anapamu Street, in the former home of Elements. The restaurant, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, offers waffles, French toast, omelets, sweet crepes, savory crepes, salads, pasta, sandwiches, burgers, … Continue reading
Reader Cris tells me that Sam’s To Go deli has completed their 100-yard move across the K-Mart parking lot from 250 Storke Road to 6831 Hollister Avenue in Goleta. The new location is next door to Cajun Kitchen. For more … Continue reading
Reader Mike tells me that East restaurant at 1208 State Street has closed their doors. I tried calling and their phone number is disconnected.
For the past 20 years, the California Lemon Festival has been the biggest celebration in the Goleta area and it takes place again this year October 13 (10am-6pm) & 14 (10am-5pm), 2012 You’ll find food, a family atmosphere, a variety … Continue reading
One day each October, the Santa Barbara Harbor and Seafood Festival draws seafood lovers of all ages to Santa Barbara’s popular Harbor for one of the community’s most unique and beloved events. The free event is being held this year … Continue reading
The Santa Barbara Sustainable Seafood Program invites you to join them for an evening of sensational and sustainable cuisine Thursday, October 18, 2012, 5:30 -7:30 p.m. at the Ty Warner Sea Center on Stearns Wharf. Experience ocean-friendly seafood at its … Continue reading
Restaurant Mimosa, which moved to 714 State Street last November from their long-time home on De la Vina, closed their doors on Tuesday, October 9th. Here is a message to the public from owners Derrick and Chris Melton: As heart … Continue reading