EUREKA BURGER UPDATE

Eureka Burger opens today at 11am next to California Pizza Kitchen in the Paseo Nuevo mall in downtown Santa Barbara.

15 Responses to EUREKA BURGER UPDATE

1. steven says:

Co-Worker and I went by on Friday, and they were having a soft opening. All food and drink (except alcohol) were comped! Nice start.

2. pjt says:

Had lunch there on Monday. Great atmosphere and the menu has many items that look interesting. Staff is still working out the kinks but we’ll go back. I won’t get a burger (a bit over priced and there are better burgers in town) but the salads, sandwiches and appetizers (plus the beers) are calling my name.

• Krista and Tony says:

Where are these “better burgers” hiding:-)

• N says:

Jane and Silver Greens have much better burgers than Eureka.

• WM says:

Sorry but I have to respectfully disagree on Silver Greens having better burgers than Eureka and its not even close. I actually feel bad for Silvergreens because they have really made an effort to be more appealling to people throughout the day. Seemed their efforts have paid off a little but I suspect they are going to take a big hit from Eureka Burger opening just across the street with a much more inviting atmosphere.

Jane has a good burger though….I agree with you there.

• N says:

Eureka might have better toppings/buns, but I’m going more by the juiciness of the patty. If the patty isn’t very juicy and tender, then that automatically makes me not like the burger. At Eureka my burger was tough and dry. At Silver Greens, I’ve had the opposite. Maybe I was just lucky, but to each his own.

• amanda says:

Arts and Letters has a pretty killer burger, but not any cheaper!

3. SL says:

Great beer selection, burgers are meh. Eatable, but not memorable. The beer alone makes it worth a return visit. They did a nice job with the place, I’m figuring this place will do pretty well.

• Bob says:

Went there last night and those were my exact thoughts. Stellar beer menu. I had the bison burger which was good but nothing epic. Not worth the 15 bones. There are better burgers in town for less $$ no doubt (Jane in particular, but I’ve always been a big fan of The Brewhouse too). The bun was the big disappointment and I’m not sold on their sweet potato fries. My friend had shrimp tacos which were good. They had more staff on the floor than they knew what to do with and some of them didn’t, that’ll likely get better.

Pleasant place to swill with friends though. I’d go back.

4. Charlotte says:

The burgers are just alright? Could you be more specific? My kids are dying to go and my son is quite the burger snob, we shall see.

5. Alex says:

Went last night. Very cool atmosphere. Great beer and whiskey selection. Had the fig marmalade burger, which was actually really good. A little pricey though. Much better than silvergreens. I’ll definitely go back, but not too often since $12 is expensive for a burger.

6. Lily says:

Anyone had the burger at Pace or Hungry Cat? Those were good burgers.

7. Jay says:

Been there twice already for lunch (my office is in Paseo Nuevo) and it’s certainly one of the pricier lunch options in the neighborhood. Salad: meh. The fish tacos, however, were delish.

I hope it puts that crapatorium, Silvergreens, out of business quickly. That place is a hole.

8. Melissa says:

The food was decent but the service was terrible!