- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: September 2012
This just in from the owners of the new State & Fig restaurant at 1114 State St. in La Arcada, the former home of Whale Tail Deli: Good morning John, Thank you, and reader Pam, for the announcement of our … Continue reading
Reader Pam tells me that State and Fig opened this week at 1114 State St. in La Arcada, replacing Whale Tail Deli. On August 8, 2011 I mentioned that this transition was taking place and that new management had taken … Continue reading
Here is a list of food & drink destinations that have opened in 2012: September 2012: Crushcakes & Café, 6533 Trigo Rd, Isla Vista; Eureka Burger, 601 Paseo Nuevo; State & Fig 1114 State St (formerly Whale Tail Deli) August … Continue reading
Reader Steve tells me that Figueroa Mountain Brewing, at 45 Industrial Way in Buellton, plans to open a second brewery/tasting room in the Funk Zone by the end of the year.
In a recent post I mentioned that there is a rumor that Peabody’s might reopen with a vegetarian theme. I need to correct that. I am hearing that the menu will be “vegetable forward” and I must add that I … Continue reading
Chef Joel Huff of Scarlett Begonia, 11 W. Victoria St., is serving an end of summer “Pop Up Dinner.” This is the first time the restaurant has offered dinner.first dinner. Tickets are $80 per person, wine pairing $40, and it will … Continue reading
After nine years of producing the Taste of the Central Coast fine food and wine festival in San Luis Obispo, the Family Care Network, a non-profit organization that provides supportive services for foster and high-need children and families on the … Continue reading
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County is putting on a fundraiser called Arts of the Palette October 3, from 5-8pm at Spanish Garden Inn, 915 Garden St. Chefs Nik Ramirez, Greg Murphy and Brandon Hughes of intermezzo, bouchon, and Wine … Continue reading
Here are pictures from the Food Confessions fundraiser for the Foodbank held last night at the Lobero Theater. The comedy runs September 21-23, 2012.
The 26th annual California Avocado Festival will be held in early October on Linden Ave in Carpinteria. This year over forty non-profit groups will benefit by catering to 100,000 avocado visitors. Hours are Friday, October 5, 11am – 10pm, Saturday, … Continue reading
Crushcakes & Cafe at 6533 Trigo Rd in Isla Vista will have a grand opening celebration this Sunday at 11am. Crushcakes is open daily from 8am to 6pm.
Here is my picture of the Space Shuttle flying over Goleta this morning on its way to a museum in Los Angeles. To see pictures that don’t suck, visit Edhat.com.
I stumbled across an issue of The Montecito Journal from last May and read that Peabody’s at 1198 Coast Village Rd, which is currently closed for renovations, was purchased by cellular phone pioneer Craig McCaw. Rumor has it that the … Continue reading
After intense concentration and a wave of my hand over the all-knowing Crystal Ball, my eatery oracle has revealed a list of locations appearing in your future: Anchor 119 State St (formerly Subway) Angry Wings 6530 Pardall Rd, Isla Vista … Continue reading
The Restaurant Guy made its debut today as a weekly column in the Santa Barbara Independent, another milestone in a most-unlikely voyage. Being a computer software developer by trade, I launched SantaBarbara.com in early 1996. The first web site dedicated … Continue reading
There is a person sending identical emails to many local restaurants containing a fake complaint about a negative experience with the goal of obtaining free gift certificates as “compensation.” They are even sending this message about dinner problems to restaurants … Continue reading
Exactly 5 years to the month after they opened McMasters Steak and Hoagie at 910 Embarcadero Del Norte in Isla Vista has closed their doors. I stopped by and saw that the building has been completely vacated. Since I began tracking … Continue reading
Reader Geoff sent me this picture that shows a new sublease sign has appeared at the Snack Shack 801 State St which closed last Friday.
Crushcakes & Café opens Tuesday September 18th at 6533 Trigo Rd in Isla Vista. This is the third location for the eatery which has stores in Santa Barbara and Carpinteria. For more information call (805) 845-2780.
I called the Daily Grind at 2001 De La Vina St. today to follow-up on a rumor published here last July about a second location coming to 2912 De La Vina St., the former home of Taco Bell. I am … Continue reading
After just 2 months in business Snack Shack at 801 State St. has closed their doors permanently. Rumors have been flying since the eatery was locked during business hours last Friday and today I received confirmation from reliable sources that … Continue reading
This just in from the Botanic Garden: The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden is pleased to announce Alicia Funk as our featured speaker for the historical Dara Emery Memorial Lecture at the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden on Saturday, October 6, at … Continue reading
Foodbank of Santa Barbara County is hosting a benefit preview performance of “Food Confessions” at the Lobero Theater on Thursday, September 20th at 7pm. The play officially starts a 3-day run September 21st. Here is a press-release about the Foodbank … Continue reading
The other day I was walking by Sam’s To Go on Hollister Ave near Fairview and noticed a guy working on the sign out front. I figured he was just changing out the light bulbs so I thought nothing of … Continue reading
Readers Stigand and Kay sent me photos indicating that Itsuki restaurant, coming to 7127 Hollister Ave in Goleta (formerly Baja Fresh), now has a “coming soon” sign on the building.
Today I added the menu for Snack Shack at 801 State St. in downtown Santa Barbara which opened last July.
The dessert destination Chocolate Opulence, which opened in Paseo Nuevo during July 2011, has closed their doors.
Persona Neapolitan Pizzeria is coming to 905 State St., the former home of The Taj Cafe. The restaurant is owned by Pull’d BBQ, LLC and will offer Neapolitan wood-fired pizza where customers can choose their own toppings then have their pizza … Continue reading
The Winehound at 1221 Chapala St. announced today that they will be moving into La Cumbre Plaza this fall – a location with better visibility and better parking. The official address is 3849 State Street, Suite I 163. They will … Continue reading