UPTOWN LOUNGE UPDATE

Reader Arlene tells me that the new Uptown Lounge will open at this Wednesday at 3126 State St., the former home of Don’s Cocktails.

8 Responses to UPTOWN LOUNGE UPDATE

1. WM says:

Heard they weren’t going to have food there. What a missed opportunity. Without food, even with the place fixed up, over time they will probably just attract the same people that used to go to Don’s and Tiberon.

2. sbdude says:

Apparently they won’t be serving food at the get-go, but will eventually. Also, if I’m to understand it correctly, the Uptown Lounge is associated with the Chase.

3. Andi ^..^~ says:

YAY I just moved into the neighborhood :)
    Cocktail hour with Usual Suspectz !

4. ruth says:

The rumor I hears was that they will serve food and will have a wood-burning pizza oven. Maybe they just won’t have food on Wed. so people can go to El Mercado Norte.

5. Gretchen says:

We’ve been taking walks by the Uptown Lounge and are so excited to have some place to go to watch sports that’s not a dive bar in San Roque! It looks beautiful. Can’t wait to try it out. I look forward to when they decide to serve food… I love the Chase, and would imagine their food will be very similar.

6. Chris says:

I checked this out last night and I was very impressed. Looks to be a really classy place for a change and could be a cool sports bar when football season rolls around. Nice chic patio is a nice touch. If they can get a kitchen going, then it will be perfect. Very surprised they were able to transform Don’s into this this place so quickly. 2 thumbs up!