- AHB on NIKKA RAMEN COMING TO GOLETA
- Jim on SHARKEY’S WOODFIRED GRILL COMING TO GOLETA
- Gerald Bostock on MISO HUNGRY OPENS UPTOWN
- Rex Of SB on SOMERSET RESTAURANT OPENING DOWNTOWN
- eric on MISO HUNGRY OPENS UPTOWN
- SLV on NIKKA RAMEN COMING TO GOLETA
- Chaz on SOMERSET RESTAURANT OPENING DOWNTOWN
- ramenaddict on NIKKA RAMEN COMING TO GOLETA
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: July 2012
This just in from reader Bruce: John, I was walking on lower State yesterday and noticed big signs in the window next to the new Indigo Hotel (a space I think was formerly occupied by a Subway) announcing it was … Continue reading
This just in from reader Kathy: I was visiting a friend that lives behind the old Taco Bell on DLV and heard some hammering or moving around inside and also saw the owners of the Daily Grind at the back … Continue reading
This just in from reader Elizabeth: Driving to work today, I noticed that there were signs up in the space next to Goleta Cajun Kitchen for Sam’s to Go. I didn’t go look at the other location yet, but my … Continue reading
The friendly folks at KEYT say someone is interested in turning the recently renovated Big Yellow House in Summerland into a restaurant.
Reader Arlene tells me that the new Uptown Lounge will open at this Wednesday at 3126 State St., the former home of Don’s Cocktails.
Readers tell me that Dogtown and 888 Embarcadero del Norte, Isla Vista has closed and that there is a “coming soon” sign for The Habit.
This just in from reader Tony: Hi John Though not necessarily food related, it appears that a Vitamin Shoppe will be opening next to the new Montecito Bank and Trust in Goleta at Storke and Hollister. Just FYI:-) Tony from … Continue reading
I heard a rumor that Daily Grind is expanding in to the old Taco Bell on De La Vina and that Our Daily Bread is moving in to the old Mimosa. As always, this rumor might be completely false or … Continue reading
Reader Mike tells me that Nikka Fish Grill is now open at 5722 Calle Real, Goleta, the former location of Jungle George Grill which closed last March.
Reader David sent me a link to a Los Angeles Times story about a new restaurant that is planned for the upcoming Montecito Country Mart being build next to Vons in 2013.
The “5 guys take same photo for 30 years” story continues to go viral around the world including all over Europe and Asia. I did a couple of live interviews on CNN last Friday. It was the #2 story (after … Continue reading
I will be interviewed live on CNN News Room with Brooke Baldwin at 12:40pm Pacific Time today to talk about the 5 year photos. I will also be on CNN Headline News at 3:45pm PT today.
Readers tell me that Burger King on upper State St has closed their doors. The eatery will be replaced by Chick-Fil-A.
The Santa Barbara News-Press ran a nice story in the Life section yesterday about how my Santa Barbara High School friends and I get together every 5 years for the last 30 years to take the same photo. CNN made … Continue reading
Reader Matt tells me that In-N-Out Burger might soon have a new neighbor: Hello, I have seen a Notice of Proposed Development sign on the corner of Turnpike and Calle Real. It mentions that a McDonalds is going in there. … Continue reading
The Snack Shack at 801 State St (formerly Rocks) has opened. Here is a message about it from owner Jim: John, Thanks for the email, I appreciate your support and including us in your blog. The Snack Shack opened last … Continue reading
Usually on weekends I wander around town, following up on tips received during the week, so I can have food news stories available on Tuesday to fans of “The Restaurant Guy” blog and Daily Sound newspaper column. Yesterday I did … Continue reading
This just in from reader Bob: Hi John, Noticed a sign for “Rosales Mexican Restaurant” on the old Presto Pasta on Montecito Street today. Cheers, Bob
This just in from reader Steve: Jitters coffee shop [at 728 State St] in downtown SB has changed its name to Open Cup. The current owners bought it about a year ago. the only signage is currently the attached chalkboard … Continue reading
This just in from owner Justin West: Hi John, This is Justin over at Julienne. I am writing to let you and your readers know that Julienne is expanding its services and will begin serving lunch on Tuesday July 17. … Continue reading
Owner Richard Lambert has launched “Santa Barbara Tamales To Go.” The tamales are made to order, so you place your order at least one day in advance. They deliver three days a week: Friday, Saturday and Sunday, from 11:30 AM to … Continue reading
Reader Tony tells me that a new restaurant named “The French Table” is coming to 129 E. Anapamu St., the former home of Elements.