- I am going on a series of vacations this summer. Starting this Saturday June 2nd I’ll be away for 10 days doing a national park tour in Arizona (Grand Canyon), Utah (Zion/Bryce) and Nevada (Lake Mead/Hoover Dam) with my friend Flip from Texas, along with his family. I also am going on trips to Northern California (late June), the South Pacific (July) and to Sequoia/Yosemite (August) where Flip and I will climb Half Dome. We tried to scale Half Dome last year but an early June snow storm ruined our plans. Restaurant news coverage during these times will definitely be spotty.
- Three years ago I created a tribute page for my friend Wendy Di Rodio who was murdered at her parents’ home in Ventura. On May 25th of this year they finally arrested Wendy’s niece for the murder (Ventura Star news stories 1, 2, 3). The niece was a prime suspect in the case from the start but detectives needed time to gather evidence. In the last few days I have been contacted by the News-Press, the CBS show “48 Hours” and US Weekly Magazine to talk about the wonderful lady that Wendy was.
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- Stella Mare's - Enjoy cocktails, wine and casual French Country cuisine in a unique and charming location overlooking the Bird Refuge.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.