- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- Stella Mare's - Enjoy cocktails, wine and casual French Country cuisine in a unique and charming location overlooking the Bird Refuge.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: June 2012
Today I added Fresh & Easy Market that opened earlier this month at 336 N Milpas St.
Reader Mercedes tells me that South Pacific Coffee at 7398 Calle Real, Goleta has closed. They opened in September 2009.
This just in from Miró restaurant at Bacara Resort: Foie Gras Grand Finale at Miró Restaurant at Bacara Resort & Spa Santa Barbara, CA. June 25, 2012 – With less than a week left to savor foie gras before it … Continue reading
I am still on vacation in northern California. Here is a picture I took of Mt. Shasta, a few miles from the lake where I am staying. On a side note, I heard that The Restaurant Guy’s home of 5 … Continue reading
Word on the street is that Santa Barbara-based nutritionist Jill Latham, owner of Vibrant Earth Juices, will open a local retail location on July 2nd somewhere on the South Coast. For more information visit vibrantearthjuices.com.
Last week I posted a rumor that Itsuki Japanese Restaurant may replace the recently-closed Baja Fresh at 7127 Hollister Ave in Goleta. Reader Stigand spotted a new sign now on display at that address confirming the rumor.
Reader Steve tells me that Eureka Burger, coming to Paseo Nuevo in the old Ruby’s Diner location next to California Pizza Kitchen, has a new sign on display indicating that the eatery will “open late summer 2012.”
Steve Hoegerman, founder of the Santa Barbara French Festival which was canceled last year for the first time in more than 2 decades, tells me his annual event is back this year Saturday July 14 and 15, 11:00 a.m. to … Continue reading
I am away on yet another vacation but this time it doesn’t involve sightseeing. I am on a mission – to continue a tradition. Five friends from Santa Barbara (myself included) go on vacation in northern California every 5 years … Continue reading
I just received this press release about a CALM fundraiser at Pizza Mizza 140 S. Hope Ave: Pizza and Play for a Purpose for CALM Santa Barbara, CA. June, 2012 – What’s better than indulging in a hot-from-the-oven pizza? Giving … Continue reading
Owner Crista sent me an update about Scarlett Begonia at 11 W. Victoria St.: Hi John, Scarlett Begonia is now offering a seasonal tasting menu every Sunday. The menu changes every week and it is amazing. I don’t take reservations, … Continue reading
Owner Cindy sent me a message about the new Blue Owl Cafe at 5 W. Canon Perdido St.: Hey John, I wanted to let you know that I’ve opened. 11 am til 3 pm and very soon to open at … Continue reading
This just in from reader Sam: Howdy, I noticed yesterday morning an ABC notice in the vacant space next to the new Chipotle at La Cumbre Plaza that was for “The Wine Hound”. Not sure if they are relocating or … Continue reading
Readers Stigand and Ted tell me that “Nikka Fish and Grill” is coming to 5722 Calle Real, Goleta, the former location of Jungle George Grill which closed last March.
Reader Chris tells me that a restaurant named “Angry Wings” will be replacing Chino’s Rock & Tacos at 6530 Pardall Rd, Isla Vista. Here is a message from Chris: There is a new restaurant moving into this location, and it … Continue reading
As first predicted in this column on February 12, 2010, Fresh & Easy Market has opened at 336 N. Milpas St. Expect endless name confusion if Fresh Market opens at 222 N. Milpas St (currently Scolari’s).
Commenters on Edhat.com have been speculating about what business will replace Baja Fresh at 7127 Hollister Ave in Goleta. One commenter is 100% certain that it will be Itsuki Sushi restaurant’s new location. No other Edhat commenters have confirmed that as … Continue reading
I called Emilio’s restaurant today at 324 W. Cabrillo Blvd and noticed that their voice mail message has been updated: Hello and thank you for calling Emilio’s restaurant. We are still in the process of remodeling and have run into … Continue reading
On May 8th I wrote that Fresh Market might replace Scolari’s at 222 N. Milpas St. Reader James says that information on Fresh Market’s web site indicates they are opening a location in Santa Barbara: Hi, Looks like the Fresh … Continue reading
Reader Mike tells me that The Hidden Dolphin has reopened at (217?) Anacapa St: Hi John…hope that you’re having a nice vacation. Someone has to do your job while you’re away so thought I’d let you know of a new … Continue reading
This just in from reader Jim. I wonder if this is the future home of Ca’Dario Pizzeria that I mentioned last year? John – I saw a sign as I was driving (on E. Victoria right between Members Only Barber … Continue reading
Kelly Brown, owner of Kahuna Grill, Natural Café and New Baja Grill has opened the organic the fair-trade Café Blu coffee house at 506 State St, next door to Natural Café.
The Blue Owl Cafe opened on May 29th at 5 W. Canon Perdido St., the former home of Bitterman’s Deli.
This just in from Cielito restaurant at 1114 State St. Previously only the taqueria was open during the lunch hour. Santa Barbara, CA. June, 2012 – Cielito invites you to join them for Lunch from 11:00am – 2:30pm, every Monday … Continue reading
Reader Steve says that Cafe Blu Coffee House just opened next to the Natural Cafe on lower State St.
I am near the end of a national park tour. Here are pictures of Natural Bridge at Bryce Canyon, Angel’s Landing (where I hiked to the top) at Zion Canyon and Angel’s Window at the Grand Canyon.
Today I spoke with popular coffee shop French Press at 1101 State St. and was told that they are opening a second location at the corner of Anacapa St. and Cota St.
I am going on a series of vacations this summer. Starting this Saturday June 2nd I’ll be away for 10 days doing a national park tour in Arizona (Grand Canyon), Utah (Zion/Bryce) and Nevada (Lake Mead/Hoover Dam) with my friend … Continue reading
This just in from reader Nancy. I called their phone number and it is disconnected. I was so bummed last night to discover that Chino’s Rock & Tacos (6530 Pardall Rd) appears to be completely gone! Brown paper over the … Continue reading
Here is a press-release I just received from Simply Pies 5392 Hollister Ave in Goleta: Simply Pies is proud to announce that it has received gluten-free certification from the Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO), the leading gluten-free certification program in the world. While … Continue reading