San Marcos High School will be hosting a series of gourmet food truck festivals to run at dinner hours on the “Fourth Thursday” of the month. Different styles of food will be available from each truck: French fusion, Spanish/Polynesian Tiki & Taco, Gourmet BBQ, Pastry – Cupcakes – Bread pudding, Coffee/Espresso drinks and more. Hours for the dinner time event are 5 – 8 pm on the Fourth Thursday of the month: May 24, June 28, July 26, August 23. The event will be held next to the San Marcos High School gym on the outdoor basketball court area. Enter the school parking lot from Turnpike Road. A portion of sales from the food truck events will be donated back to San Marcos High School and used for campus improvement projects. For questions email: email@example.com.
Food Truck Bios:
- O STREET TRUCK: Born in April 2011, O Street Truck serves french-fusion cuisine on the streets of Santa Barbara. Dishes include: Banh Mi sandwiches (french-vietnamese), french-mex tacos and burritos, french pastry pizzas and pommes frites with wild California dipping sauces. Artisan, all natural, locally sourced ingredients and the coolest combination of flavors make O Street Truck the place to find in SB! For the SMHS Food Truck Festival, O Street Truck will be serving the Santa Barbara Steak Burrito, The Chicken and BBQ Pork Banh Mi (voted best BBQ in Santa Barbara by the SB Independent and Whole Foods!), Chicken, Steak and BBQ Pork French-Mex Tacos and our famous Pommes Frites with wild dipping sauces. www.ostreettruck.com
- TIKI TACO: Based in Santa Barbara serving fusion cuisine with a strong approach in Polynesian and Spanish cooking methods, utilizing spices and cooking techniques true to both cultures with a unique sweet yet spicy combination. New inspirations are constantly evolving in our menu. Menu items include but not limited to: Tacos, Tiki bowls, Tiki meat sticks, lettuce wraps (choices of beef or chicken), Voodoo corn and Veggie sticks. www.tikitaco.net
- THE NEW BLACK: Modern barbeque that draws from the traditions and memories associated with the letters “BBQ” and combines them with evolved techniques and eclectic style. It’s a new take on barbeque, but you would never call it anything else. The food, like our patrons, is contemporary and local. Menu items: Kobe Brisket Sandwich w/molasses, mustard seed, bay leaf; Kurobuta Pork Sandwich w/all-spice, blis, thyme; Jidori Chicken Sandwich w/paradise grains, honey, lavender. Sandwiches are served w/chow-chow & bbq sauce. Side dishes: Beans w/maple & black pepper; Cole Slaw made w/green apples & apple cider; Potato Salad made w/celery seed & buttermilk. www.thenewblackbbq.com
- SWEET ARLEENS: Sweet Arleen’s bakes fresh on-site daily a selection of boutique-style cupcakes and bread puddings, bringing comfort food to a whole new level. Our award-winning cupcakes are perfect for birthday parties, weddings, or even an inspiring treat for your next business meeting. Our wedding cakes and cupcake towers make a dramatic display for your sweet occasion. We also offer bread puddings, paired with individual sauces to create a warm and gooey decadent dessert. These beautiful take-out treats add just the right finishing touch to any special occasion — or anytime! www.sweetarleens.com
- STREETLEVEL CAFE SB: Serving Lattes, Coffee, Tea, and sandwiches. Find them on Facebook.