THE CRYSTAL BALL

After intense concentration and a wave of my hand over the all-knowing Crystal Ball, my eatery oracle has revealed a list of locations appearing in your future:

• Arlington Tavern 21 W. Victoria St (formerly Epiphany)
  • Ca Dario Pizzeria Victoria St
  • Chick-Fil-A 3707 State St (currently Burger King)
  • Crushcakes & Café 6533 Trigo Rd, Isla Vista
  • Eureka Burger 601 Paseo Nuevo (formerly Ruby’s Diner)
  • Fresh & Easy 336 N. Milpas St
  • Fresh & Easy 5955 Calle Real, Goleta
  • Le Relais de Paris 734 State St (formerly Ruby’s Cafe & Spirits Lounge) – July 1st
  • Maggies 1201 State St (formerly State & A) – early summer
  • Mullaney’s 22 W. Montecito St
  • Panera Bread 700 State St (formerly Left at Albuquerque)
  • Pickle and Swiss 811 State St (formerly Rudy’s) – May
  • Pizza My Heart 6533 Trigo Rd, Isla Vista
  • Ranch & Reata Road House 3569 Sagunto St, Santa Ynez
  • Santa Barbara Cantina 416 State St (currently Sharkeez)
  • Sharkeez 525 State St (formerly Madison’s) – May 3rd 5pm
  • Snack Shack 801 State St (formerly Rocks)
  • Ty’s Café 9 Breakwater (formerly Minnow Café) – spring

10 Responses to THE CRYSTAL BALL

1. Whirl says:

What happened to the place that was considering taking over the Timbers?

• John Dickson says:

The jury is still out on that one (as far as I know). If information comes my way that it is a done deal, they’ll be in The Crystal Ball. Until then, they remain the domain of the Rumor Machine.

2. Charlotte says:

I live near the Timbers and was a longtime patron. We sure miss the old place! The last owners ran it into the ground, hadn’t a clue what they were doing unfortunately. A huge void out in North Goleta!

3. Don says:

Also, the longtime waiter at Sizzlers said that they would close within two months. Didn’t the Rumor Machine say what was going in there?

4. Charlotte says:

What’s happening with that space after Sizzler hits the road?

5. Robert says:

I personlly am going to miss Sizzler. They are a good family restaurant that you can bring the kids and have an enjoyable dinner. The quality on the steaks are decent and they are cooked to your liking. Prices are reasonable for a family on a budget to go out for a steak dinner. The salad bar is a disaster. I would have liked to have seen their salad bar expanded to include more choices and a theme of the night much like you see at a Hometown Buffet. Affordable All-You-Can-Eat Salad Bars are hard to come by in Santa Barbara / Goleta. If they had gone this route and kept prices moderate their business would have flourished.

6. Courtney says:

Any idea when Chickfila will be taking over the Burger King?

7. Esther says:

Do you know when the Fresh and Easy is coming to Goleta? Also, do you know if there is a Target actually coming to Goleta?
    http://www.keyt.com/news/local/Target-Is-One-Step-Closer-to-Coming-to-Goleta-133943308.html is the last I heard about it.

8. Charlotte says:

I walked by Maggie’s today…boy they’re dumping a ton of $$ into this place! It’s going to be beautiful when the’re done. I hope they put as much thought in the food and service as they did in the esthetics.