- Mike on NONA’S ITALIAN DELI CONTINUES A 40-YEAR TRADITION
- Brian on THE DRUNKEN CRAB OPENS ON STATE STREET
- Gerald Bostock on VIVA SANTA BARBARA OPENS
- John Dickson on THE CRYSTAL BALL
- Steve on THE CRYSTAL BALL
- Whirl on GRAND OPENING
- Christine! on (ALMOST) GUILT FREE PIZZA
- Gerald Bostock on THE DRUNKEN CRAB OPENS ON STATE STREET
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: March 2012
For my fellow geeks out there I took photos recently of what SantaBarbara.com looks like behind the scenes. This is the air conditioned, generator backed-up room in Goleta where SantaBarbara.com has been running 24/7 for more than a decade. I … Continue reading
This just in from Miró at the Bacara Resort 8301 Hollister Ave in Goleta: Join us on April 8th for Easter Brunch at Miró. Experience Easter Bacara Style with sweeping views of the Pacific while dining on exceptional cuisine. Easter … Continue reading
This just in from Leslie Thomas, wine consumption specialist: BYOB Wine & Dine Series Resurfaces at Max’s Cucina Santa Barbara, CA. – For all those bemoaning the end of the four-year run of wildly popular winemaker dinners with the unique … Continue reading
This just in from the Canary Hotel at 31 West Carrillo St.: Kimpton’s Canary Hotel Invites Guests to Easter Brunch on The Rooftop Perch Santa Barbara, Calif. March 2012 – Kimpton’s Canary Hotel will host a buffet brunch this Easter … Continue reading
If you have any suggestions for All for Animals, Inc. founder and writer Karen Lee Stevens, please leave a message in the blog. Hi John, Hope this note finds you well! I’m writing a feature article for Seasons magazine on dog … Continue reading
I received word today that a new local dining web site has been launched: John, My wife and I are fans of your blog. This month we launched a local website called CentralCoastDining.com. The site features a lot of the … Continue reading
This just in from the new Presto Pasta at 2830 De La Vina St: Local Favorite, Presto Pasta, Celebrates 20-Year Anniversary with Opening of New Location on De La Vina Street SANTA BARBARA, Calif., – Presto Pasta today announced the … Continue reading
This just in from Ben & Jerry’s ice cream in Paseo Nuevo: Please alert all your readers- Next Tuesday April 3rd the Ben & Jerry’s at 305 Paseo Nuevo (Center Court) will celebrate Free Cone Day from 12pm to 8pm. … Continue reading
This just in from the Culture Shock food truck: Hi John! Culture Shock will be available to the public starting April 4th from 11am-2pm at 5383 Hollister @ Mentor Drive by Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital. We want to thank all … Continue reading
Reader Andre tells me that Jungle George Grill at 5722 Calle Real in Goleta has closed. It opened in November 2008. John, My wife drove by Jungle George on her way back from Blenders and said she noticed paper over … Continue reading
A late night Sicilian-style pizzeria has opened at 17 W. Ortega St. Owner Ben Dougherty tells me that his family started Nardonne’s La Famiglia Pizzeria in San Luis Obispo in 1976 and that the Santa Barbara eatery is their second … Continue reading
Brothers Matt and Jeff Nichols served their last dinner at Brothers Restaurant inside Mattei’s Tavern on Saturday, March 24th. They will need some time to pack up their pans, knives, and plates, but you can be sure that they will … Continue reading
Sources tell me that Dennee’s Furniture at 3569 Sagunto St. in Santa Ynez will become “Ranch & Reata Road House” – a bar, a restaurant, a stage (for shows) and a radio station all under one roof. The kitchen will be … Continue reading
Last Thursday I wrote that a Parisian pub named Le Relais de Paris is coming to 734 State St (formerly Ruby’s Cafe & Spirits Lounge, not to be confused with the former Ruby’s Diner is Paseo Nuevo). Sources tell me that … Continue reading
Last November, while enjoying Thanksgiving dinner, the Rumor Machine popped out a message boldly stating that a business named “Pickle and Swiss” is coming to Paseo Nuevo. Reliable sources tell me that a business named Pickle and Swiss is indeed … Continue reading
Last October I wrote that the Snack Shack is coming to 801 State St., the former home of Rocks. I stopped by over the weekend and noticed that their signs are up. I message posted in the window reads: “Fast-fresh-food. … Continue reading
I was filling up at the Vons gas station in Goleta today when I noticed that the vehicle in front of me was the Culture Shock food truck. I wrote in January that they were planning to return to Santa … Continue reading
Here are pictures from the Jordano’s 2012 Food and Equipment Show at Earl Warren Showgrounds (March 25-26).
This just in from Youth and Family Services YMCA: FOOD FOR THOUGHT: LOCAL CHEFS CREATE AN EVENING TO REMEMBER TO BENEFIT AREA YOUTH Reaching for Stars, the annual fundraiser supporting Youth and Family Services YMCA (YFS) will be held Tuesday, … Continue reading
In January 2011 I wrote that Brendan’s Irish Pub & Restaurant of Camarillo was interested in opening a location on the South Coast. Owner Brendan Searles was a co-founder of Dargan’s. Sources tell me that Brendan’s opened a second location … Continue reading
This just in from Bistro 1111 at 1111 E. Cabrillo Blvd Bistro 1111, the casual ocean-front dining destination located in the newly renovated Hyatt Santa Barbara has announced the addition of two new, limited time burgers, the “Juicy Lucy Burger” … Continue reading
Considering that French restaurant Mimosa recently opened nearby at 714 State St. and that Pacific Crepes is just around the corner, it appears the 700 block of State St. is becoming our little French Quarter. This just in from reader … Continue reading
A rumor running around town is that “Santa Barbara Cantina” will move into 416 State St., the current home of Sharkeez. Sharkeez is moving to 525 State St., the former home of Madison’s Grill & Tavern. As always, this rumor … Continue reading
Whenever I take a vacation, like I did the last 10 days or so in Colorado, the first thing I do when I get back is try to figure out what changes took place in the local dining scene while … Continue reading
For the first time since 1972 Burger King is no longer the No. 2 burger chain behind No. 1 McDonald’s. Dave Thomas’s Wendy’s restaurants became the No. 2-selling hamburger chain in the country last year, pushing Burger King back to … Continue reading
Mimosa restaurant, which moved to State St. last November, is having a grand opening party this weekend: Hi John, We would like to announce Restaurant Mimosa’s Grand Opening of our State St. location, this coming weekend, March 23rd, 24th and … Continue reading
The Restaurant Guy is away on vacation in Steamboat Springs, CO. Below is a photo I took today of the Steamboat ski resort on Mt. Werner. Winter weather has been perfect; think Santa Barbara with snow.
I am going skiing in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, starting tomorrow, so you won’t hear from me for a week or longer, except perhaps for a few photos from the snow. See you soon!
If you have a suggestion please leave a message in the blog. Restaurant Guy: Help! Desperately seeking a great hot fudge sundae in SB. We need an alternative to McConnell’s and the other sites I have tried on your site’s … Continue reading